Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Wouldn’t it be better for 10 to show a “bitesize” (a segment) of a cooking show during rhe day, rather than a very reduced version of Entertainment Tonight? To fill that void.

3 Likes

I am just surprised that people are still passionate about Entertainment Tonight. I thought it passed its peak about 30 years ago before we had the internet.

3 Likes

The interesting thing about the show for me is that they feature stories about new novies, tv series, muudicians. They also still have lot of exclusive interviews with people in entertainment.

Most recently they had Dick Van Dyke for his Daytime Emmy win at 98 and Michael Richards from Seinfeld who went into a lot of detail on what happened to him when he stopped doing stand-up after his racist tirade at an audience member. Both were interviews you wouldn’t see anywhere else.

1 Like

Michael Richards is promoing a book. He’s been everywhere lol.

3 Likes

ET promoted it as an EXCLUSIVE interview. I guess that means nothing these days if he’s everywhere.

Yeh he had an extended sit down on The View too.

2 Likes

By bite size, do you mean like King In The Kitchen and Come And Get It used to be?

I actually thought Ten might have screen full episodes early mornings on Ten of Entertainment Tonight. I think given The Talk is ending soon, why doesn’t Ten move it to 10Peach or 10Bold and screen CBS This Morning from 5:30am and have Entertainment Tonight as a lead in. I don’t think anyone would object to Drew Barrymore being encored at 7am

To be honest, i haven’t heard of King in the Kitchen and Come and get It, so i cant comment on that (sorry).

But i know that SBS air “bitesize clips” of some cooking shows to fill the gaps. Usually just a 5-10 minute clip between show to fill a void. Surely 10 can do that with Everyday Gpurmet, Good Chef Bad Chef, Farm to Fork etc.

Entertainment Tonight can clearly air in the mornings on 10. Why they cant do that is mind boggling

Indeed, nothing wrong with using segments as filler, but air the full thing, they have plenty of dead timeslots.

1 Like

They were playing repeats at 8am up until the start of June. They removed it in the morning when The Drew Barrymore Show started.

Ten did this at the end of 2012 with their new morning lineup when Breakfast ended.

1 Like

I know CBS This Morning aired at 5:30am way back then but thought Entertainment Tonight could be a lead in around 5am up against Seven and Nine News at 5am, knowing that whatever they air will likely be low ratings

1 Like

As seen during Drew

3 Likes

Someone at Ten must be looking at this thread. On the EPG, Entertainment Tonight has the full episode repeated in the morning again at 7am tomorrow and 6:30am weekdays from next week. Looks like The Talk has been dropped to fit it in the schedule.

5 Likes

Well, @JBar hasn’t been seen for 5 hours? Has anyone checked in on 10’s scheduling department to see if they’re okay?

5 Likes

Believe it or not … I do have a life. :rofl:

Finally, someone has woken up and made a good decision. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Their contact to screen The Talk may have expired and they won’t bother renewing since it is finishing soon. Otherwise, they could screen it at 9am to replace the Dr Phil repeats until the end of the year.

3 Likes

Being a CBS Studio production, couldn’t imagine it would be expiring months before the show ends.

They probably yanked it off due to low viewership and with it coming to an end.

The other programming seems like filler until they announce time slots for their acquired soaps.

1 Like

I had a thought in regards to the timing of launching Days Of Our Lives and Young And The Restless on Ten.

I am thinking it could be commencing on Monday 29 July 2024, possibly in the 1pm to 3pm window to take advantage of these two programmes most likely being missing from the 9Gem schedule due to the Olympics.

New reality series for 10.

1 Like