Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Network shares are very low but they don’t tell the whole story. There is also target demographics to consider along with advertising revenue, 10play and 10 All Access.

Holistically 10 was a significantly poorer place during that time.

The ‘Fox-ification’ of the network would’ve eventually brought down the network. Its sales arm was working hard on driving ad buy into the toilet.

I doubt that. It probably would have been more cheaply run if services were shared with Foxtel and News.

1 Like

I get shares aren’t everything and I’m not arguing they weren’t in a worse picture. But were shares as low as they were now?

I’m sure the network share was, or very close.

That is the most delusional statement I’ve EVER read on Mediaspy.

It’s enough to make me want to quit this site.

I’m sorry but if you can’t talk ‘rants’ (or actual criticism) then we can’t help that. Just as you are allowed to make your point across, we are too and right now we’re criticizing 10’s schedule because it doesn’t make sense and according to ratings is failing. I would like to see 10 do well against the other two but if they’re currently not doing as well then it needs to be raised.

Sure it’s banging on and on but so is 10’s schedules. If everyone wasn’t allowed to make judgments of 10’s schedules or criticize it then why do we even have this whole website then? Because we all love media as much as one and another and we want to comment on it. This isn’t a 10 lovefest where people go on and spin as much as they like about how 10’s doing good when they’re actually doing bad.

I pretty much agree with what @turdall said earlier today. If you can’t take it, I’m sorry but that’s where most people stand.

3 Likes

There is no way Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon would have let Ten be shutdown, which is what you were implying. The guts would been ripped out of it, and Sky News would be on Ten for sure, but it would still be broadcasting.

If you think what I wrote was the most delusional thing you have ever read on Mediaspy you clearly haven’t read too much of what has been posted here over the years.

5 Likes

I got no problem with rants, I make a few from time to time.

I cant take uninformed and stupid comments like the one I replied to.

1 Like

That is bullshit. There would’ve been at least 500 staff laid off within 5 years.

Guaranteed.

4 Likes

I agree with this. Murdoch/Gordon would’ve just used their staff to run ‘ten’ or whatever it would’ve been called. It would’ve been worse off than 10 today.

9 Likes

Tried that, failed. MS always wins.

Good luck bro.

1 Like

With that pearl of wisdom, let’s shift back onto topic before we don’t have any Ten Network threads left open.

8 Likes

I think they need to move new episodes of Law and Order SVU , NCIS , Bull, Hawaii 5-0 all those sort of shows away to Ten Bold .

And what will they fill those timeslots with if they did that? Ten’s cupboards are pretty empty.

Twilight Zone premiere episodes are just a preview. Rest to be on 10Access

2 Likes

Think (especially for the former) that such a generalisation is very premature or not necessarily representative of timeslot changes/prior performance

I think next week is the Gogglebox finale even though it hasn’t been marked as such.

It’s not.
There are more than 10 episodes in this season.

1 Like

That’s great for 10 and Foxtel. Do you know if the second season will have less episodes? I actually think 10 and Foxtel should look at doing shorter seasons but 3 seasons a year. 8 episodes each. It would give much more variety in the programs being watched and would give 24 episodes a year.

3 Likes