Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

But I don’t think you see my point. 10 have claimed a 50 week schedule. Placing repeats in is not fulfilling that promise. Yes breaks happen in the US. But that is not something new. 10 have known this for years. So surely they had a plan for this.

In my opinion repeats of SVU is not good enough. As I said new episodes were under 200k most weeks. Repeats of that? Do I need to say more?

As for Ambulance… I don’t see a problem with them saying season finale special time… Its being cut short with a few episodes anyway. And as I said before they have new episodes of Bull that they are scheduling the following week. There are options. Plenty of them.

1 Like

This is why AFL rights are so valuable as games run from 7.30-10.30 and post-game can run for another hour or more

1 Like

I know full well, but that’s what happens when a network fast tracks content from overseas. The solution would be to wait till February before airing overseas content, which is what used to happen.

But I am not discussing the fast tracking debate. I am saying that 10 CLAIMED to have a 50 week schedule. You cannot claim that and then air repeats.

We already know the “50 weeks” was BS. The only extra content they aired in January was I’m A Celeb which was what three hours a week? Prime time runs for six hours a night!

Well that is my whole point. It isn’t good enough to claim that and back out of that 13 weeks in (which in fact was less as Ambulance had repeats it first week it ran).

As for the list of programming that 10 commissioned that isn’t drama. Look at the pick ups and check how well they actually rate. Over 50% are flops.

2 Likes

Ten has rated poorly for a long time. Nothing new there.

2 Likes

I daresay they meant they would have new content in the 50 weeks but that doesn’t mean that they meant new programs in every timeslot.

Ten never had new programs in every slot when they were scheduling for 40 weeks. Why would it be any different now?

You have high expectations if you expect new shows in every timeslot throughout the year. No channel does that or has done that in the past.

I think Ten are doing a good job commissioning and screening so much new content. I really don’t think they can do much about viewers not wanting to watch their shows in big numbers. You just have to accept that many shows on Ten are just not going to rate as well as shows on Seven and Nine.

1 Like

True. I still don’t like that bold claim and I don’t like the SVU repeats move when there is plenty of new content available.

so, just to be clear @turdall, you expect new programs in every slot from 7.30 until when? 10.30? 11? across all 50 weeks?

Where was that on the 10 release? They said that they have 50 weeks of programming, and so far there is more new stuff then repeat (the balance isn’t heavy in either direction) 13 weeks into the year.

Just because you deem something a flop if it has poor total overall BROADCAST ratings, doesn’t make it so.

When 10 say they have a 50 week primetime schedule I expect new content in primetime. Simple.

As I said my issue is there is a repeat where there is new content available. A repeat for one week then a new show being broadcasted. Its sloppy programming.

Please do tell me how DWTS’s, Takeaway, Hughesy, Bondi, Ambulance etc have been successful. I would love to know.

EDIT Also I need to point this out. You can’t just say hey we never said we were going to show new content the whole 50 weeks. Sucked in we tricked you with the way we said things. If 10 is wondering why no one is watching them its because they are treating viewers like that. You can’t trust 10. They are a damaged brand and a fu#ken joke. Don’t go around claiming something to then turn your back on that then say but we never actually said that. Be a trusted brand and viewers might tune in.

6 Likes

Yes - The Twilight Zone could easily slot in on a Sunday night.

1 Like

Is it 2, 3 or 4 first run shows every night? Are we including Saturday? so 21 or 28 new episodes every week?

I didn’t say they were successful, I intimated that the broadcast of these shows are falling below the expectations - but once MAFS got started there was no stopping it… and it’s evident in their trash producing choices by repeating the same cheating storyline with another two couples.

But that’s besides the point. 10 will be waiting for the audience when it wants to find something less trashy - and they will, eventually.

I am just going to requote what I said above. Its not about that. Its about treating your audience better.

I think it is reasonably fair to expect 10 to air new content 6:00-9:30 Sunday-Thursday from what 10 stated at the beginning of the year. I think a viewer would interpret it that way. We all knew it wasn’t going to be like that but that’s the whole point. 10 reputation is bust because they keep treating their viewers like idiots. Who wants to watch a network with that sort of reputation? They need to work out how to fix that rep first.

Waiting for an audience is never going to work either. If you want something you have to go and find it. You aren’t going to meet the one of your dreams if you sit there on the couch waiting are you. You have to go out there and find them.

Lexington I don’t know if you work for 10 or know people who do. if you do this is 10’s current problem. They aren’t open to the actual issues that are at that network. Defending every move isn’t going to help them.

What I know and how I know it is no one’s business but mine. My only defense of the network is because of folks like you that cry from roof tops that everything is broken (flop) and nothing they do will work.

To me, to those that I know, it sounds exactly like those tested times between the end of 2011 & 2017. Regardless of whether you know it or not, you are summarily judging a company that employs over 1,000 Australians and is working on a longer term plan than you or anyone else can imagine.

Do I agree with everything they’re doing? No.
Am I going to keep defending 10? You bet.

Open up your tunnel vision from the OTA broadcast.

2 Likes

And there we have it. The yes man attitude 10 want and seem to only employ or keep around. How can 10 ever grow when they expect people to praise and defend lazy, sloppy and boring programming? Yay for 10.

You clearly do not read my posts because I praise and discuss the good with 10 as much as I do with the bad. Only the other day I was arguing how the project shouldn’t and isn’t about totals and it’s social media presence is huge. Before claiming these sorts of things do your research.

And FYI I wasn’t prying into how you know what you know just making an observation the way you defend them isn’t healthy and is 10s problem.

3 Likes

So, you advocate for one program to not be treated solely by it’s totals… yet you destroy other programs in the same manner?

I’m no yes man, but 10 needs more positivity than outright lambasting.

When all those other programs get 9 million Facebook views I will advocate for them too.

No they clearly need someone to challenge their decisions. And they need to listen to those challenges.

1 Like

I’m not going to be changing any minds anytime soon. All I can do is give my opinion, and my opinion is that it’s not all dire straits right now.

Certainly not when compared to recent history - like Murdoch’s stewardship.

Did 10 get shares as low as this during that time?