Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Lots of problems with continual repeats of US procedurals. Just woeful programming.

What’s on the cards post Celebirty?
Changing Rooms, Hughesy, show me the movie and dancing with the stars and Sunday night takeaway. Is that all? How does that fill all the time slots. They need two Australian shows per night to even remotely be competitive up until 10pm.

I heard Ambulance Australia is also coming back.

I do enjoy the variety of shows that 10 are showing after Celebrity rather than force-fed stripped reality, but I do agree that the post 8:30 slots could be better. HYBPA? doesn’t come back until May and the other pilot week shows apparently will return by then so it’s going to be a while.

2 Likes

And gogglebox. Seems like an ok lineup to me. The only real concern will be the Wednesday’s with SVU at 8:30. Dancing will likely run 2 hrs (I assume Monday’s 7:30-9:30) NCIS will probably stay on Sundays at 9:00 following takeaway. In my opinion though I would move NCIS to Wednesday 8:30 following Changing Rooms and air Graham Norton at 9:00 following Takeaway. Sunday’s wouldn’t do that well but I think NCIS has a better chance on Wednesdays.

Googlebox and Hughesy will still be airing. Celebrity Name Game is due along with Bachelor in Paradise. Ten needed to prioritise 7.30 slots before moving onto 8.30-9 and onwards. Rebuilds take time. The right foundations have to be in place first.

From Mediaweek

Dancing With The Stars is a format tested here and that launches Monday nights. It has got a good reaction from buyers because it is well known and from the reels they got a sense of how contemporary it is now.

Ambulance is coming back quickly on Tuesday nights because it did so well for us.

Changing Rooms then follows on Wednesday and Thursday nights. It is a known format to some Australians, yet it is a new format to many more.

This schedule launches as Celebrity finishes.

Other returning formats are Show Me The Movie on Fridays, Hughesy, We Have A Problem on Tuesdays and Gogglebox on Thursdays.

5 Likes

Don’t know whether Monday is the right night for the show. This can’t happen because they’ve got Takeaway airing then but think Sunday would have been a better night for it

It was on Tuesdays when it first started on Seven.

1 Like

So much new Aussie content! Great to see. Can’t wait to watch the ratings battle unfold as stripped stalwarts take on Ten’s newbies.

3 Likes

I like the idea of keeping formats to 2 days each as 10 have been doing with Bachelor/Bachelorette, Survivor and now Changing Rooms. I believe this is what they should look at doing year round bar MasterChef moving forward.

Lots of variety on offer from 10 in the 7:30 slots. Hopefully these will become established across the year, and we will see further investment in the 8:30 slots moving forward.

4 Likes

Why is 10 holding back new episodes of The Graham Norton Show?

3 Likes

Well Celebrity seems to be working in the 5 times a week format as well. But I agree. Plenty of formats that don’t need to be stripped.

1 Like

Has Shark Tank been axed?

Rested which could mean axed.

Week commencing 3 February 2019

Sunday 3 February
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
09:00 pm NCIS S16 Ep11 Series Return
10:00 pm NCIS Rpt

Monday 4 February
09:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep13 Season Final
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Tuesday 5 February
09:00 pm Hughesy, We Have A Problem
10:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S10 Ep14
11:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 6 February
09:00 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep12
10:00 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
11:00 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 7 February
09:00 pm Gogglebox Season 9 Premiere
10:00 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep13
11:00 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 8 February
07:30 pm Show Me The Movie! Season 2 Premiere
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep13 NYE Special. Keira Knightley, Guy Pearce, Catherine Tate, Olivia Colman, Nicholas Hoult and Rita Ora.
09:30 pm TBA
10:30 pm Montreal Comedy Festival Rpt

Saturday 9 February
06:00 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities x 2
07:00 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Saturday Schoolies
08:00 pm Movie: Shrek The Third (2007)
09:45 pm NCIS: New Orleans S5 Ep12
10:45 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

I was reading somewhere that Madam Secretary has moved to 10Bold is this correct?

Yes.

1 Like

They showed 2 or 3 eps on Bold before Christmas.

1 Like

Changing rooms starts Wednesday February 13th according to previews.

1 Like

March 13? Wow. Announcing that early!

1 Like

Haha Feb. my bad. I just want this year to go quicker so I can get to Europe!

2 Likes