Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

10peach
10bold
tennetwork
ten
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f42cc85bd60> #<Tag:0x00007f42cc85bbf8> #<Tag:0x00007f42cc85bab8> #<Tag:0x00007f42cc85b978>

Yep, just saw the figures. If there is no investment in Saturday’s, this is what you get.

Look how low the highest non-news program is. Free to air is struggling in summer without exclusive primetime sport

Like it always does?

Exactly. This is hardly a new phenomenon. It’s just that these days we get day-by-day ratings stats of it.

That’s true but day-by-day TV ratings have been a thing for at least 10 years, if not longer. These figures (which yes, were just before the rise of multichannels and well before streaming services became the phenomenon they are now, but still) from this week a decade ago paint a considerably healthier picture for FTA TV to the one we have now:

Over 1 million viewers for the 6pm news bulletins on a Saturday night. These days, Seven & Nine would almost kill to get those sorts of figures on a non-sport aided Sunday night in March or November! :open_mouth:

As much as it really pains me to say this, we’re probably now in the twilight years of traditional TV services unless all networks can manage to massively reinvent themselves soon.

Week commencing 20 January 2019

Sunday 20 January
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
09:15 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Monday 21 January
09:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep11
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt

Tuesday 22 January
09:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S10 Ep12
09:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 23 January
09:00 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep10
10:00 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
11:00 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 24 January
09:00 pm The Connors S1 Ep09 and 10
10:00 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep11
11:00 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 25 January
07:30 pm The Living Room Rpt
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
09:30 pm Movie: Chasing Comets (2018)

Saturday 26 January
06:00 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities
07:00 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Saturday Schoolies
08:00 pm Movie: The Dish (2000)
10:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans x 2 Rpt

Celebrity’s ratings are pretty amazing for this time of the year. I think 10 should’ve capitalised it by running some of their pilot week shows and maybe even encores of shorter running shows like Russell Coight, Hughesy, Show me the Movie! and Playing for Keeps as lead outs for 8:30/9pm. Could easily allow for more exposure for these shows and potentially increase their chances of better ratings when they debut later.

You are presuming Ten would have known it would’ve hit a million. Always easy with hindsight.

They already repeated the whole season over the Christmas week…

10 will be showing ‘TRY TIME in Kyushu Japan’ a 2 part series, this Sunday 20th & the following week at 3:00pm.

Rugby league legends Nathan Sharpe and Justin Marshall travel around Kyushu, Japan: the battleground of the Rugby World Cup 2019.

I suggested this last week, no hindsight needed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Drama series The Secrets She Keeps, announced at last year’s upfronts, has received production funding from Screen Australia. Synopsis from Screen Australia website:

A six-part noir series by Lingo Pictures for Network 10 adapted from author Michael Robotham’s acclaimed novel of the same name. Written by acclaimed television writers Sarah Walker (All Saints, Bad Mothers, The Wrong Girl) and Jonathan Gavin (Offspring, Puberty Blues, Rush) the series follows two women from vastly different walks of life with one thing in common – explosive secrets that could destroy everything they hold dear. Their worlds collide in one shocking act that cannot be undone.

I thought this year the Australia Day concert from Sydney opera house won’t be on Ten. (Last year ten covered it)

ABC (main channel) - Programs and Schedules

Australia Day NSW website has advised the concert will still be televised, but has not revealed which network. Seven and Nine can be ruled out as they have live sport, Ten’s involvement is in limbo, which leaves SBS and ABC.

Perhaps its on the ABC if this is anything to go by.

ABC (main channel) - Programs and Schedules

Probably better suited to the ABC, it never rated very well on 10.

Schedule Update

Monday 21 January
09:00 pm Kate V Meghan: Princesses At War?
Documentary examining if there is any truth behind the media suggestions of unrest following Meghan Markle’s entry into the Royal Family. Featuring archive footage and interviews with insiders and experts on the royal household.
10:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep11
10:30 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt

Documentary appears to be from Ch 5 and is being broadcast this Saturday in the UK.

There’s a Riverboy in it lol.

The lead in to IAC Saturday Schoolies last night was David Attenborough. Seriously? If the are serious about programming Saturday Nights, they need to fix early evening. The key to this IMO is expanding The Project to Saturday. I’d also consider airing Pointless as well on Saturdays. This would provide them a consistent schedule basically and would provide a better lead in than attenborough.