Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

That’s not in primetime

Just notice season 2 of The 48 Hour Destination (produced for Flight Centre) has been on air at 1pm Saturdays since July 21. We are up to episode 9 this week, but the show has only been advertised at my local Flight Centre branch.

I know Ten are trying with very little in the cupboard, but I would have thought that they would be better off with a David Attenborough documentary at 7:30pm Sunday followed by Carpool Karaoke, Sports Tonight then Elementary and The Sunday Project. These “Family” movies should air at 6:30pm Saturday - even it Ambulance has to move to 8:30pm or so

Flight Centre is adding the episodes to their YouTube channel, seemingly after they are removed from Tenplay.

Produced by Flight Centre. No surprises that a branded content show airing at 1pm on a Saturday has had zero promotion outside of FCTG’s own internal channels.

The show also airs on TVNZ in New Zealand, though it appears S2 hasn’t commenced there yet with S1 airing in the afternoon on Sundays late last year.

S1 is still available for catch up on TVNZ On Demand: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/the-48-hour-destination

1 Like

I wonder if Ten has the rights to this

Interesting, as it’s on CBS but distributed by NBC so it will not automatically go to Ten.

Is that a show ?

Wonder if Ten will fast track The Connors next month.

First promo for Ambulance Australia aired tonight during Playing for Keeps. I think it will be shown at 7.30pm Tuesdays.

1 Like

Looks very good.

Yet we’ve been saying Seven need to stop with all these factuals because they don’t rate anymore (which is actually debatable when compared to Dance Boss and when multi-channel re-runs which dominate are factored in), one of which is 14 years old.

Their ratings are acceptable for multi channel standards but they dont rate well enough on the main channels any more.

3 Likes

This looks intense. Great promo.

4 Likes

If you could call replaying the 2 Prelims between 1am-7am a marathon.

Yes. It was a primetime special Corden did for CBS a few months ago. It has already aired on Eleven.

Great promo. Looks good.

Agree, nicely done promo - looks very similar to the UK version which I’ve really enjoyed so I’ll be keen to check this out.

Who has been saying that? I don’t think they have the demo appeal though, especially like they used to, but factuals definitely have a place in the schedule. They are easy to sell to overseas broadcasters and to pay tv. They also provide content for multichannels. Look at Bondi Rescue. Ten would be mad to get rid of that. It provides daytime and content for ONE.

If your theory is true, why were Territory Cops and Gold Coast Cops axed after one season? Ten should have persisted with them.

Considering they still air them to this day means they probably should have in some capacity. But I would suggest it was axed when ten were very cash strapped, am I right?