Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

That schedule is horrendous

3 Likes

No worse than what Seven and Nine are offering up.

1 Like

Have to agree, yes Ten have a number of repeats in later slots and lack of any new 8:30pm offerings but 7 & 9 really aren’t offering up much at the moment either.

3 Likes

Has season 2 of Luxury Escapes finished already?

Amazing they ran that triple episode finale of New Orleans NCIS only to start running repeats after skipping straight through it. Poor planning again!

2 Likes

FTA TV overall is in such bad shape and unusual at the moment, that we have Seven still winning weeks, even though they’ve got a shockingly bad reality coming 4th in most cities at 7:30pm a couple of nights, how the hell that even works go figure :disappointed:

Hence Nine’s problem is highlighted, The Block accounting for its rivals well and truly, but because (as @killy06 and @sav001 alluded to) everything else being offered isn’t much at all and not really rating, maybe Doctor Doctor exception and ACA winning its slot and but that’s really it. Even 9Gem got putrid 1% shares a few nights last week.

Ten recycling the same movies on their multi-channels and even main channel (exploiting what Seven did with Pretty Woman), are they serious? Bachelor was on fire last week and that’s unacceptable. Eleven struggling. ONE is doing well though, people loving NCIS, NCIS LA, Walker Texas Ranger.

3 Likes

Although I agree this is a discussion of Ten’s schedule and just because two other networks have pathetic schedules doesn’t excuse another network.

Why on earth are they not using the Wednesday slot for something? i am beyond baffled by that one.

3 Likes

The movie leadout from The Bachelor might just be a cashgrab. Easy way to promote to female skewing advertisers to keep some of your eyeballs all night and bring in some extra dollars. Short term gain though only.

4 Likes

Very true. Pretty Woman’s last run on Seven earlier this year did well over half a million metro, which is incredible considering its age, up there with the top rating movies.
So no doubt Ten will see it similarly in terms of female key demos and stretching prime time share and whoever is sponsoring/advertising in it.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was on Seven prior to that, but Ten had the most recent FTA main channel airing of Pretty Woman back in April this year.

Not that it really counts but if you want to be technical, Ten also kind of aired Pretty Woman via a review on Gogglebox Australia during an episode in April 2016! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Appears Ten have slotted in a repeat of Disgrace after Drunk History tonight, which should be at 10pm but with over runs from Survivor/HYBPA should have it starting at approx 10:12pm.

Man With A Plan now pushed back to approx 11pm as Disgrace ran for about 42 minutes last night with ads.

1 Like

I wonder if in WIN markets whether The Project or All Australian News will air at 11:30pm tonight

AAN then Project I imagine, as per usual. When stuff gets randomly shunted into the schedule they don’t bother updating the EPG, it just runs behind.

Just thought I would clarify as the EPG lists The Project then AAN.

Ooooo interesting. I’ve got no idea then!

Too early to make a Ten 2019 folder?

Lots of new commissions already from the network, as long as this isn’t a multi-night stripped reno show I think it could be okay.

1 Like

didn’t they try a home reno show at the height of that craze…?

Yeah there was The Renovators back in 2011.

But this seems to me to be more like a lifestyle show rather than a reality one like House Rules / The Block - well I hope anyway.

They should get Cherie Barber to host or be part of the show I reckon, maybe get Baz back also.

oh yeah… it had faded from my memory :stuck_out_tongue:.

I remember The Renovators (was it?), 2011. I watched it and liked it but nobody else did.