Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Someone is totally unaware of just how many fans Mean Girls has… and how many of those fans would also be watching The Bachelor.

2 Likes

Not everyone agrees with you.

1 Like

And the hills are 14 years old? That’s not old.

To be fair, we know well that social media doesn’t always equate to ratings. I noticed Bachelor has 10,000 tweets and yet probably won’t be in the millions of viewers.

Well 10,000 tweets is nowhere near 1 million anyway. All you can guarantee from that is it will get 10,000 viewers.

They should be fast-tracking CBS titles like that if they can. A lot are returning next month. Dick Wolf drama FBI is distributed by CBS so Ten should have that and launch it as close to possible as the US date. Happy Together and The Neighborhood also look likely to air on Ten.

I agree but it should just be placed on multichannels straight away. It is very rare for US content to rate on Ten.

Right now I am not sure that is the way to go. So many gaping holes in the schedule that can be filled - if only the promotions department focused on a wider range of shows :thinking:

To start off 2019 though, sure. Absolutely.

I personally am looking forward to Murphy Brown and FBI - even though I don’t fit the traditional CBS demographic.

I thought ten had some more options for 8:30 this year? Hughsey is still to come and should occupy one 8:30 slot. Playing for Keeps should occupy another 8:30 slot. Gogglebox and HYBPA will occupy two other 8:30 slots. The only slot that needs to be filled in my eyes is 8:30 Sunday.

I am assuming shows such as Julia Morris’s dating show and the documentary about 4 year olds or whatever it is and Grant Denyer’s Game of Games will be played in 7:30 slots when The Bachelorette begins.

What about post 9:30?

2 Likes

Oh year that is completely true. I just took a blind eye to 9:30. As long as these US shows aren’t popped in 8:30 slots I will be happy. Just don’t think there is a place for them on the main channel anymore and Ten should be planning a future without relying on them.

Oh on this I am in total agreeance with you.

I am glad that Ten are investing in more local content. I will watch My Life is Murder, Mr. Black for example.

We need greater investment overall on edgy and different scripted content.

To be honest though, there is literally nothing worth watching on FTA television these days - apart from a few ABC programs.

2 Likes

If Good Doctor, Big Bang, Young Sheldon, 9-1-1 and others can work on rival channels, there is no reason why Ten should give up.

But where is Ten’s example?

They have got a lot of mileage out of NCIS and Law and Order SVU. Not what they used to be at all but there is potential with new shows.

I agree. Its fantastic to see and has obviously been influenced by CBS here. CBS obviously looking for content for their online service with drama the most popular choice.

NCIS bombed big time this year and Law and Order SVU hasn’t rated that well for Ten in years.

Ten’s audience are more likely to seek access to content via other means whether it be torrenting or streaming services like Netflix.

I watch a lot more Netflix shows - Designated Survivor, Grace and Frankie, One Day at a Time, Shooter, among others - compared to what I do on FTA.

We won’t delve into other means.

Yes but surely you must accept they cannot afford to have all Australian content all over the schedule 24/7. No network has. If they’ve got access to new US drama why not use it?

I think if you check my mock schedule out in another thread, you will find with shows Ten are commissioning if scheduled correctly they can have at the very least an entire quarter relying solely on Australian content.

Which would be a remarkable feat.