Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

So many problems!

2 Likes

Rushing to finish the second season of Hughesy to make way for new season of Shark Tank?

1 Like

So Many Problems with the 7:30 Sunday to Thursday Schedule from Next Week.

1 Like

Not just next week, mate.

1 Like

They’re destroying any work all that MasterChef promotion may have done, it needs the best possible launch pad.

At least it airs 5 nights a week, also having much of Thursdays to themselves.

Popular House Rules and existing The Voice audience won’t make it easy either.

Week of 6 May has season finals for Hughesy, We Have a Problem and Show Me the Movie!

Is the Wednesday episode a season premiere? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks fixed - it is the Wednesday episode that is the season final.

2 Likes

Just couple of points:

1. Seems Graham Norton is moving back to Fridays so probably worth putting in that it is episode 5 so people know its a new episode.
  2. The 2 Hughesy episodes would bring the season to a total of 7 episodes. Rather strange that it is not 8. I wonder if the holding an episode or rather they just did film 7 episodes in season 2.
  3. Bondi Rescue episodes on Tenplay were all season 11 episodes that are available. The new episodes have been from season 13. A report before the season went out was that the season order had been cut from 13 episodes to 10. Unless I am wrong, Ten did air episode 9 and 10 on the 24th April meaning all 10 episodes have aired
  4. Also appears that NCIS Los Angeles is actually a repeat
3 Likes

I am so confused.

I am sorry I am slightly confused. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Me too. I dont get what they are talking about.

1 Like

I think they may be saying the week one Masterchef lead in is being wasted on the usual crap rather than launching anything new.

1 Like

Have You Been Paying Attention and Shark Tank will benefit. Roseanne is new and should also benefit.

1 Like

But its launching Roseanne, new seasons of Have you Been Paying Attention and Shark Tank and finales of Show me the Movie and Hughsey. I think Ten have done pretty well. Only launching a 30 minute American sitcom out of it and the rest seems to be Australian content at the moment.

A drama / comedy for the traditional Wednesday night slot would’ve rounded things out nicely at the bare minimum. To not capatalise on the MasterChef lead in to launch something new seems crazy but not unexpected I guess.

Street Smart has already wrapped filming so depending on how long that is in post production it could be ready soon, if not Russell Coight?

BodyHack is back soon also, that could go on Wednesday or Thursday nights following MC.

Wrong Girl and Wonderland both failed on Wednesday’s so I am not sure drama would work there. The comedies could. Russell Coight (promised in 2016 but still nowhere to be seen) is more a 7.30 show.

I thought they were referring to this week as the “next week” and saying the line-up was poor and that the promos for MC would have many eyeballs across the week.

1 Like

Roseanne will be moving to Sunday nights at 9pm after 2 weeks on air. Have You Been Paying Attention is staying on the Monday

If Ten could get 5 first run comedies together, they could potentially use those as a lead in to whatever reality show they are screening to start at 8pm - yes it would be an unusual move but could give Ten the gravity it needs

Instinct

Premieres Wednesday, 16 May At 8.30pm

Tony Award-winning actor Alan Cumming (The Good Wife) stars as former CIA operative Doctor Dylan Reinhart who is lured back to his old life to help stop a serial killer, in the hit new US drama series Instinct, premiering on Wednesday, 16 May at 8.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

A gifted author currently working as a university professor, Reinhart is drawn out of retirement when tenacious New York Police Department homicide detective Lizzie Needham (Bojana Novakovic) appeals to him to help catch a murderer using his first book as a tutorial.

Instinct is making history for having the first gay lead character in an hour-long broadcast drama and has been embraced by both critics and viewers:
“Cumming is so fresh and fascinating as this particular profiler of sociopaths that his entertaining performance alone raises Instinct above the norm.” — San Antonio Express
“Alan Cumming’s killer ‘instinct’ strikes again.” — Los Angeles Times

“He wears a lot of hats and his outfits are impeccable. It’s kind of a perfect Cumming vehicle.” — The Hollywood Reporter

Instinct boasts a stellar line-up of guest stars, including Academy Award winner Whoopi Goldberg (Ghost, The Color Purple) as Dylan’s agent, Sarita Choudhury (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Homeland) as the Mayor of New York City and John Doman (The Wire, Oz) as Dylan’s father, who is also a CIA officer.

Written by Michael Rauch and adapted from James Patterson and Howard Roughan’s 2017 book Murder Games, Instinct also stars Naveen Andrews (Lost, The English Patient) as Julian Cousins and Sharon Leal (Dreamgirls, Supergirl) as Lt. Jasmine Gooden.

1 Like