Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Promo now advertising date.

3 Likes

I think Roseanne will be shown on multiple nights while Ten waits for My Kitchen Rules to finish. Once the date for MKR grand final is known, Ten can schedule MasterChef and thus push back Roseanne to a later timeslot.

1 Like

Longer serving than Angus Ross and whoever Nine’s program boss is now, too.

I’m pretty sure Dreamworks don’t distribute their content, at least anymore. Rather they’re a production house.

According to (again Wikipedia :wink:) Dreamworks & Dreamworks Animation is now distributed via Universal Pictures.

We know Nine have been airing the bulk of NBC Universal films, so I’d say Ten don’t have rights to much, if any Dreamworks titles anymore.

Ten still have Paramount, have had for about 20 years (if not longer), they seem to share them with Nine as of some years ago, judging by the titles that air regularly.

As of the last couple of years, haven’t programmers mentioned multiple times that they all prefer “cherry pick” deals with TV content providers? Rather than “expensive” full output deals?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what they do these days.

#Roseanna lol

3 Likes

Ten really should have Roseanne on straight after The Commonwealth Games or right now, holding it off for a show like this even by a short time will just make it rate lower … or will it ?

Here’s a comment I saw on TV Tonight about it

I’m sorry, but this just proves the point that they have no idea… like seriously… a month after the US premiere… just shows they have no idea how people watch tv these days… if you’re not fast-tracked then you’re old news…
And i’m not speaking for myself… personally i don’t watch anything online, but i am a minority… the majority of people who had any interest would have seen this already…
I personally would have put on repeats of “classic Roseanne” right away… (let’s face it, ch10 don’t really have anything else)… and when the new show premiered, put it on within a week…
It’s just the way the world works these days

1 Like

RE: Roseanne.

Was just listening to Scott Ellis (is he still a TV writer at The Age/Fairfax?) in his regular 2pm TV segment with Denis Walter on 3AW.

Both are excited, Scott reckons it’s really good. At least 3 callers (all of an older sounding age) say they can’t wait and one caller mentioned the “18 million” viewers.

It should do well on debut, maybe hit the 1m mark. But I just wonder how much better it’d rate on a network like Seven, which do very well with total people ratings in dramas.

But of course that’s not the point, it’s about lifting Ten’s disappointing shares and keeping their shows ranking in the key demos.

Roseanne is a drama? That’s news to me.

4 Likes

Sorry, well that whole ‘clique’ of US dramas/sitcoms/comedies.

There’s a clique?

7 Likes

God they can’t even get the names of their own shows right - “Roseanna”.

3 Likes

must be a fan of Toto.

Do you think it will hit 1 million? I think if it hits 600k its a success for ten. I expect 500k.

3 Likes

The Odd Couple on debut did well for Ten but slumped further and further, after the first outing.

Not really the same

1 Like

How much did the odd couple get? 1 million?

no but it was up against stiff competition, for week 1 it got 709,000/642,000. Bear in mind, MKR got 1.7m that night. In week 2 it got 632,000/618,000. In week 3 it got 463,000/411,000.

But wont Roseanne but up against the voice and MKR as well?

MKR is not that strong this year and I have doubts about The Voice rating that well this year. So you never know Roseanne could surprise.

3 Likes