Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

She can’t just click fingers and good shows appear. She can only work with what the network has invested in, which has been limited (pre CBS).

4 Likes

Good move with the scheduling of Roseanne. Offering an alternative to the reality programming on Seven and Nine is what Ten needs to be doing to win audience. Its ridiculous that all three commercial networks offer the same genre each night.

7 Likes

I’ve just seen tens main channel share from last night. It has to go down as a record low. Diabolical.

Surely some movies would rate better than repeats of already low rating shows.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t those shows be better served place in-between other higher rating shows during the day (or as a late night alternative to infomercials)?

I have thought for a while, if they haven’t got something a bit better in quality that even 48 hours could potentially attract move viewers, perhaps followed by Cops… wait, its not the 1990s.

But have to agree, if they are going to do repeats, maybe try repeat movies or maybe try making Saturday nights retro TV night (if they can’t find something better to put on).

Thinking maybe as a group we should write to Hughesy We Have A Problem and raise the issue of Ten programming Thursday through to Saturday - its become more or less a wasteland

Ten has rights to new Roseanne but does that mean they have rights to old Roseanne? It’s not on any free to air network or streaming service… does Foxtel hold the rights?

I would hope they air the old episodes on 11 soon , I couldn’t watch it back then I was just under 10 years old when it finished :slightly_frowning_face:

If Ten don’t air the old episodes on Eleven either due to lack of rights or just choosing not to and just go straight into the new ones on the main channel,I’m thinking it will only draw in the existing viewers who watched it in the past.

I suppose you’re right on that point but would it be a better idea to program a movie from their paramount or DreamWorks output deals in a timeslot where they are not airing one of their shows from their programming slate surely that would be better than programming svu reruns all the time

I agree there could be more depth to their programming than slabs of SVU etc but i gather the cupboard is pretty empty. And while the Commonwealth Games are on Ten is not going to get much joy whatever they do.

Do they still have those output deals?

Whenever Bruce Gordon can’t get his own way, he threatens to screen independently sourced programming for WIN - which admittedly given the age of some of these offerings so far, should only be screened early AM as an alternative to infomercials.

However, I get back to my point, perhaps Bruce Gordon could arrange to obtain some newer programming content and maybe work out a deal for Ten and WIN. Maybe CBS should be telling him to use his connections to get them more and better content from Paramount Television (his former employer - his role was a programming executive for those who weren’t aware)

1 Like

They do they schedule movies on eleven all the time from paramount and DreamWorks

Silly decision to hold off on Roseanne.

1 Like

If wikipedia is accurate (last updated on 6 April 2018), then it is indicated that in Australia, the show is seen on the channel 111 Hits, and Eleven, but that said it depends on how Ten had sourced it, whether through ABC, Fox or some other source

I read somewhere, not sure where, that Roseanne is being distributed in the first 12 months of production by ABC studios and then after that it reverts to produce Carsey-Werner distribution. It’s a unique deal apparently. So ten have got the rights from ABC studios at this stage.

I have seen Roseanne replay on 111 hits.

If the information on wikipedia is correct, yes.

Can anyone verify this?

Channel 111 on Foxtel did a marathon of every episode over the Easter weekend.

If Roseanne is starting 7.30pm April 30 for 13 weeks (or at least 6 if they do double eps), where does that leave the nightly Masterchef, which should be starting around the same time? Are they skipping Mondays this year?

13 weeks? Aren’t there only 8 or 9 episodes?

yes 9 episodes.

Roseanne would probably get pushed back when Masterchef returns, but by that point you’d think HYBPA? would be back but who knows.

I don’t mind an earlier timeslot for Roseanne and it could be a good alternative for viewers, much like Young Sheldon on 9, but Monday nights does seem like a weird decision from Ten.

1 Like

Back when Roseanne was on Ten originally it was at 7:30pm Tuesday (my guess is that the thinking was probably better not to go up against Cosby on Mondays)

Sorry my mistake - 13 episodes have been ordered for the next season.