Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

CBS have a lot to do more than just Saturday nights. First week of ratings and ten got sub ten percent on main channels and beaten by ABC on main channels and network shares. Absolutely atrocious. Obviously the Winter Olympics hasn’t helped but clearly the failed strategy of past management continues. CBS have a lot to change and obviously they can’t rush it but they would be need to ramping up local content if they’re ever going to increase audience share.

1 Like

‘they’ve got a lot to change’ and it needs to happen quickly.

but they can’t rush it.

I enjoy the commentary on this site.

13 Likes

am I reading that right??? Ten Eyewitness News at 6pm on a Saturday??

maybe they could get Lisa Wilkinson to present Ten News on days where Ten News will be screening late… I know people will criticise this idea, but perhaps in the NSW/Vic/Tas markets, they could go with a 30 minute edition and follow it with something else for 30 minutes

1 Like

yes you are reading it correctly, its a first since the Saturday of the Bathurst 1000 of last year, where news aired after a motorsport event (bar WA) who gets it at 5pm.

Ten News Saturday 3 March

Sydney Melbourne at 6pm
Brisbane (live) and Perth at 5pm
Adelaide (live) at 5.30pm

I actually thought about this concept when watching her on The Sunday Project. A 30 minute national weekend news read by Wilkinson leading into The Project might not be such a bad idea. Family Feud would be a great afternoon product.

I hope Ten didn’t pay much for this because it was never really a big hit in Australia.

1 Like

They need more comedy now they lost Fox output.

2 Likes

Ten do need something to fill in the void left by Modern Family.

Roseanne Is Back.

The Iconic, Ground-Breaking Comedy Series Returns.

Coming Soon. Only On TEN And WIN Network.

One of the world’s funniest and most-loved television families is set to return in the eagerly awaited new season of Roseanne.

Back after an 11-year break, the new season of Roseanne stars original cast members Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, Sarah Chalke and Michael Fishman, plus newcomers Emma Kenney, Jayden Rey and Ames McNamara. The new season will also feature guest appearances by stars from the original series, including Johnny Galecki, Estelle Parsons and Sandra Bernhard.

With nine award-winning seasons (1988 to 1997) in the can, the all-new Roseanne will see the often dysfunctional but always entertaining Conner family facing a far more complex world.

Roseanne Barr said: “In the original series, I always wanted to have a 10th year so that I could do exactly what I did with these nine [episodes] to finish and complete the story of this family. I’m very happy that we got a 10th season.”

When it premiered in the US in 1988, Roseanne broke new ground for its realistic portrayal of a working-class family, the Conners, barely scraping by in the fictional town of Lanford, Illinois. It also dominated the ratings as one of the highest-rated television series on the air in the US for its near-decade run.

A comedy about ordinary people who faced day-to-day survival with a sense of the absurdity of it all, the inimitable Roseanne was its epicentre. Lauded for its humour, relevance, warmth and honesty, the Conner family will continue to deal with the economic challenges of living pay check to pay check in 2018.

In addition to being a prime time ratings hit, the series won a Peabody Award and a Golden Globe Award for best television series (comedy or musical). Barr and Goodman each won Golden Globes for best performance by an actress and actor. Barr went on to win an Emmy as lead actress, and Metcalf won two supporting actress Emmys for her work on the series.

From voting for Trump to raising children in a gender neutral society, the new season of Roseanne will explore hard-hitting subjects, addressing them in the only way the Conner family knows how: with humour, relevance, warmth and brutal honesty.

I disagree. It appealed to the young audience Ten was targeting at that time. Sure, it hardly ever won the ratings but neither did Seinfeld, The Nanny, Mad About You, Ned and Stacey, or Everybody Loves Raymond. It did the job for Ten in attracting a younger demographic. Roseanne was certainly a mainstay in the schedule during a time when they established themselves as financially viable network.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree. I just remember that Ten had a couple of failed attempts at launching this show. Eventually they just ran repeats at 7pm because they had nothing else to show and it finally got some traction. But as you note, it was never a big hit.

I just wonder whether it can grab a big enough audience now for a prime time slot on Ten. They do need some sort of programs, I guess. Maybe they got the repeats of old eps for Eleven too.

Same day fast track or instant fail.

2 Likes

Agree. Ten has to launch this Wednesday 28th March for it to have any hope. They may as well try it at 8:30pm Wednesdays, and bump This Is Us until later in the night.

I don’t think they would schedule a 30 minute comedy in an 8:30 pm timeslot.

Glad to see the Roseanne re-boot is scheduled on Ten,l was a massive fan of Roseanne back in the day,back then we had some many US sitcoms /dramas screening.
I don’t think it will rate that well here.

1 Like

I think the latest season is the final one so it’s on its last legs anyway. Didn’t rate high on Ten last time it was on . Even if they did have it still I mean.

Wouldn’t it be odd if new episodes on 7 got higher than they did on Ten just because it is on Ch 7 !

why not? Comedy works well for Ten at 8.30.

No. I would be surprised if it DIDN’T rate higher.

1 Like