Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

No, it’s been renewed for at least one more season after the current one.

1 Like

Yeah whoops I thought the current season was Season 10 .

Does Ten still hold the rights to the original series? If so they should be chucking it on Eleven right now before launching the reboot. I can’t even remember the last time it was on air on Australian FTA.

On the topic of Roseanne, I’m still amazed (but also somewhat relieved, since we now know that the US networks aren’t auto-blacklisting everyone that doesn’t have the same views that the majority of Hollywood share) that the reboot was picked up in the first place considering her twitter antics (not even related to her supporting Trump, but just her general political / conspiracy theory banter).

3 Likes

100% agree that the network should re-air the entire series either on One or 11.

2 Likes

Except I do recall Raymond had a remarkable run at 7pm in the early noughties (1.5m-ish), and The Nanny did better than average on Sundays.

I do agree Roseanne was never a ratings hit here, but it’s an iconic brand and did it’s job for the intended audience. Looking forward to seeing the reboot, gladly, on Ten.

Bondi Rescue returns Tuesday 13 March according to an on air add.

I assume this means Celeb finishes Monday 12 March? Bachelor in Paradise starts 14 March?

1 Like

Did it have a timeslot on the promo? I was under the impression from announcements about BIP that it might’ve been stripped across multiple nights. I reckon we’ll probably see Bondi Rescue / Bodyhack etc fill the gaps in the schedule until Masterchef starts.

Why is this show on in prime time? It doesn’t rate. Ten need more content. This crap just doesn’t cut it anymore. It was decent 5 years ago but really shouldn’t be on air in a prime time Tuesday time slot.

4 Likes

We know :roll_eyes: Just be thankful it’s not David Attenborough or more Jamie Oliver I guess.

There is no time slot in the advertisement. But I doubt Hughesy is over already?

I got the impression BIP would be on more than twice a week also. Hmm

1 Like

I think it will either be in a 7:30 or 8 pm timeslot like it used to be back in the day when it was a fairly good rater. I would assume BIP would be on Wednesdays and Thursdays just like The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I doubt Ten would put a show such as Bondi in an 8:30 timeslot.

Also @Squee.

Ten ran the series a few times over on 11 not so long ago.

It does but when is the last time they showed a 30 minute comedy at 8:30. I think the last one was Everybody Loves Raymond.

Just some thoughts:
Hughesy show has 8 eps commissioned, it will be close to finishing, with about 2 or so eps left.
I think the Bondi Rescue show is a bit of a hit & miss sometimes, it can do modest figures like that 1 hour show last year, where it didn’t too badly at all and other times not so good.

1 Like

Roseanne a hit on Ten?

yes. Fat, uncouth, republican type American families seems so relatable to Australian viewers in 2018.

Good one Ten!

One would assume Ten are favourite to pick up CBS’s Murphy Brown reboot as well…

I did hear from one of the new life guards that it was airing on Tuesdays. But when he told me that I just thought it was going to be played on One considering Celebrity was in that slot.

Aren’t they filming more episodes of Hughsey?

2 Likes

Yes they are.