Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I wonder if Ten still has the rights to air The Devil Wears Prada? If they do, that movie’s bound to get another repeating before too long! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Ten have the Regency library and pretty sure they still have much of the Fox library (as well as some titles left over from the old Parmaount deal).

They clearly just choose not to air lots of movies, like Seven and Nine do (e.g.) weekends.

They aired “The Tuxedo” (2002 - distributed in Australia by Paramount) & “LA Confidential” (1997 - distributed in Australia by Regency) last night :+1:

I haven’t seen it air on any of the other networks recently so I reckon they still do. It’s definitely due for another airing I reckon! :wink:

Actually, I don’t think I’ve seen them air the “Molly Ringwald Movie Double Treat” (promoted as such) in The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles for the longest of time. That used to air quite regularly on Eleven a couple of years ago.

Which is odd considering the amount of space they have available on their dead channels. :laughing:

2 Likes

Ten have another daily 4pm cooking show called ‘The Cooks Pantry’ from Creative Media Productions (My Market Kitchen, Ben’s Menu) fronted by 2016 MasterChef runner up Matt Sinclair along with former contestants Courtney Roulston & Michael Weldone.

https://thecookspantry.tv/

2 Likes

I’d presumed it was because Ten wanted to offer alternate programming on weekends, as oppsed to Seven & Nine’s channels’ wall-to-wall sport & movies?

Seven had rights to this in recent years, as part of their full Universal deal (aired on 7Two a number of times).

Though not surprised if Ten aired it recently, as they re-acquired a number of Universal titles, as well as Nine now (as Seven’s NBC Universal output deal has expired).

Looks like Ten has miscalculated and will have to wait another week before being able to fasttrack the new season of NCIS (first episode is Wednesday September 27 Australian time).

1 Like

Man with a Plan

From Monday 2 October at 9:30pm

Adam, a contractor, starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife goes back to work, and discovers that his little angels are little maniacs.

1 Like

I’d rather have Episodes with Matt Le Blanc. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah i really thought Stan would have gotten Episodes as part of the Showtime deal and fast tracked it, not the ABC.Now we have to wait for the ABC to air it and then it won’t be in HD. on their catchup service… end rant lol

Does it cost more for the ABC and SBS to fast track a show as I rarely can think of anything that is overseas based that is not delayed.

Man With A Plan sounds interesting but yeah keep thinking of Matt’s character from Episodes .

A story on TV Tonight a while ago said Stan had the rights to Episodes now with the ABC screening it later. The ABC has only screened season’s 1-3 as far as I’m aware. So they should be able to screen season 4 now and season 5 next year. Don’t know why Stan hasn’t fast tracked it.

1 Like

Week commencing 1 October 2017

Sunday 1 October
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Modern Family Rpt x 2
08:30 pm Bull Rpt x 2
10:30 pm The Sunday Project

Monday 2 October
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm Man With A Plan Series Premiere
10:00 pm Life in Pieces Rpt
10:30 pm The Project

Tuesday 3 October
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
08:30 pm NCIS Rpt
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Sesaon 9 Premiere
10:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 4 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:30 pm The Wrong Girl
09:30 pm Hawaii Five-O Season 8 Premiere
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 5 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:30 pm Gogglebox Season 6 Premiere
09:30 pm Law & Order: SVU TBC possible Season 19 Premiere
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 6 October
12:00 pm AEDT Bathurst 1000

07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S22 Sesaon 22 Premiere
09:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Saturday 7 October
11:30 am AEDT Bathurst 1000

Sydney, Melbourne
06:00 PM Ten Eyewitness News

Brisbane, Perth
05:00 pm TEN Eyewitness News
06:00 pm To Be Advised

Adelaide
05:30 pm TEN Eyewitness News First
06:30 pm To Be Advised

All
07:00 pm Gold Coast Cops x 2
08:00 pm Territory Cops
08:30 pm Con Air
10:30 pm Australian Survivor - Encore

Note: 1 Oct 2017 - Daylight Saving Time Starts 2:00 AM in some areas

1 Like

A lot of returning overseas programming is a welcome sight after so many repeats in the schedule recently, but surely they’d have something better for Sunday 1st prime time? All things considered with significant sporting events, some viewers will still want options and back-to-back repeats isn’t much of an alternative.

1 Like

I’m guessing that Bull will be held over and possibly the new season could start with double episodes.

Really? I thought Wake in Fright was going in there the following Sunday?

Also coming up soon on CBS is the new Seal Team plus NCIS, Scorpion, MacGyver, Blue Bloods and Madam Secretary and more.

1 Like

Interesting development, contrasts to previous programming decisions with news.

7 Likes

Well they’ve realized they have a sort of higher audience to feed into 6pm just on the one off sports event. Doesn’t need to be every week but might as well do it if you are producing it for other markets anyway.

3 Likes

But it doesn’t air at 6pm in other markets. It will be the same old story with Seven and Nine News winning comfortably.

First sign that Ten has just about given up on Family Feud.

Family Feud doesn’t air on Saturdays.

Oops my mistake.