Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Wow!

So Seven’s long-running (a few decades?) deal looks to be changing with Disney?

They had rights to every film (I presume that, based off never seeing a Disney title on another network, at least past 15 years or so).

By the way, The Rock has aired a million times this year already across Ch 7 / 7mate / 7flix. Perhaps they knew they were losing it & wanted to milk it for all its worth :wink:

They purchase movie rights based on the number of times they plan to broadcast it. So they can buy the rights to screen a movie once in the next 12 months or get a better deal on screening it 3 times in the same period or more times over mutiple channels. They then have them availble to screen as many or as few times as they wish. But it varies.They may decide to screen it multiple times in three months for example and then need to sign up again for more screenings.

2 Likes

Thanks for that J Bar.

I was also of the understanding that networks have ‘packages’ (of movies) they can purchase/make a deal with, as well as ‘cherry picking’?

Or in Seven’s case (as I had presumed), an entire library?

Ten showed the Wonderful World of Disney many years ago for a short while. Can’t remember exactly when.

I don’t think anyone picked up on it a week ago…

“Con Air” (1997), another Disney film, which has been one of the most repeated and top performers for Seven for nearly 20 years…

IS FINALLY MOVING ON :smile:

Seven’s loss, Ten’s gain.

( @SydneyCityTV has the time/date when it first premiered to enormous ratings during the Sydney Olympics).

I’m pretty sure the movie that Seven aired to enormous ratings the night after the 2000 Olympics Closing Ceremony (incidentally, exactly 17 years ago tonight but that’s beside the point) was “Air Force One” rather than “Con Air”.

1 Like

What was on instead?

1 Like

Another repeat of the movie Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (which was moved from last Wednesday).

1 Like

Oh yes, sorry.

But Con Air was the other film that got such ratings that year, according to the ACNielsen Top list of 2000.

Wonder what it aired before/after then?

Hi All

Just looking at some of the shows that may leave the Ten family if the Fox deal falls through. I have also posted in the Eleven and One thread.

PLEASE correct if I am wrong.

Fox distributed shows include American Crime Story, The X Files, Homeland, Modern Family and This is Us. Life in Pieces is on CBS but is distributed by Fox.

They are some pretty big shows.

Only ‘big’ shows in your list are Modern Family and This Is Us. Rest is take it or leave it.

Ten’s problem is they don’t have sufficient programming depth to cover the holes.

1 Like

Just replace it all with news.

If This is Us leaves Ten then i think Amazon would air it as they have worldwide rights .

Because thats all we need now. More news.

1 Like

Bull was advertised as returning on Oct 15. Must be airing at 7.30 as that is the night of the second of Wake In Fright isn’t it.

7:30pm is correct.

Seems like all CBS content on Ten is being fast tracked this year. Interesting.

1 Like

Although M-rated program can now be shown at 7.30pm, there could be some episodes of Bull season 2 which have content unsuitable for the timeslot and may have to be edited before broadcast.

What are you basing that on? Only two episodes of S2 have aired in the US. Was the content in either episode of the kind that may not fall under an M rating without cuts?

1 Like

I was just making a prediction of what could happen down the track. Next year Bull may return to 8.30pm after I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.