Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Lol

1 Like

The Japan week will be shown later in the season of MasterChef. I think it was held before finals week.

That is the episode in which vegans held a protest on January 18. The editors have their work cut out to delete any mention of the protest.

1 Like

It would be great if the text on their placards were digitally altered to become Ten network promos… e.g. This Is Us 8.30 Tonight, Family Feud 6.00 Weeknights.

1 Like

Couldn’t they just work it into the show? Make the team challenge a little more challenging.

2 Likes

8 Likes

###Week commencing 4 June 2017

Sunday 4 June
06:30 pm Modern Family Rpt x2
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia
Master of Mediterranean cuisine, Yotam Ottolenghi’s mystery box challenge gives contestants 75 minutes to create a delicious dish to gain an advantage going into the invention test.
09:00 pm Bull S1 Ep14
10:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans S3 Ep12
10:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

Monday 5 June
08:40 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:40 pm Prison Break S5 Ep4
10:40 pm Elementary Rpt

Tuesday 6 June
08:30 pm NCIS S14 Ep18
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S8 E22
10:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 7 June
Split into two teams, each group must prepare a Yotam Ottolenghi-style vegetarian feast for a group of meat lovers. The team that serves the least impressive feast will be up for elimination.
08:40 pm This Is Us S1 Ep16
09:40 pm Madam Secretary S3 E23 Season Final
10:40 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 8 June
08:40 pm MasterChef Australia:
MasterClass with Yotam Ottolenghi
09:40 pm Law & Order: S.V.U.
10:40 pm Blue Bloods Rpt x 2

Friday 9 June
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
Special guests: Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Alan Cumming & Sheryl Crow.
09:30 pm TBA
10:30 pm Two Little Boys

Saturday 10 June
06:30 pm All Star Family Feud - Joel Creasey v Chrissie Swan Rpt
07:30 pm David Attenborough’s Planet Earth Ep6
08:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. Rpt x2

1 Like

I have actually expected an announcement for a few months now because Australian tv refuses to let this show die.

I can’t see how it would benefit Ten if it did. The daily shows don’t rate, most of the hardcore audience wants 24/7 live feeds which is too hard to adequately control (i.e. manipulate the narrative) and means less viewers for the daily show, the risky content is not aired and the eventual choices of contestants will turn most people away.

At this point I wouldn’t be shocked if 7 tried their hand at it.

1 Like

Rather than bringing it up every few months, can we please just let the thought of another Big Brother revival die already?

While I have no doubt that a loyal, hardcore audience (like the people who wish Hey Hey It’s Saturday was never axed, etc.) and Dreamworld probably wouldn’t mind having the show back on our screens, I don’t think there’s really that much of an appetite amongst the broader Australian public for a Big Brother return at the moment. If there’s enough interest in say…five years time, maybe consider a BB revival but keep it on the backburner for now.

Nine’s attempt at reviving Big Brother didn’t exactly set new ratings records for them back in 2012-14, so I think Ten would be better off spending that money on bold, innovative programing at a level currently not seen on Australian TV.

3 Likes

The unused parcels of the extended Dreamworld site are possibly going to be developed, it was reported during the week due to the parent company’s financial woes. The Big Brother site is probably one of those parcels.

1 Like

Nine’s version of Big Brother sucked. They tried to make it too family friendly which was a big fail and then in it’s last year on Nine they decided to screw around with the show too much and it collapsed.

5 Likes

agree 1000%. The nine years were not big brother.They treated it more as a drama than reality tv!

1 Like

If Big Brother was to return it should definitely be on Ten and NOT Nine.

4 Likes

The problem is if Big Brother returns to Ten, it will be the same “family friendly” older skewing 25-54 format that Nine did.

Why do you think that? Ten are more likely to take risks than Nine.

I don’t think Ten are anywhere near the risk takers they once were. That is evident from them producing another TBL season this year rather than trying something new.

1 Like

True. Thats one of the reasons their shows have stagnater in the ratings.

I’m going against the grain and say I enjoy the Nine years, especially the first season with the fantasy elements such as Surly the fish. Some of those episodes were beautifully constructed (yes, constructed reality!) and well cast. But best of all, I loved that it didn’t have streaming elements to feed to the fan sites, who seemed to delight in spoiling the excitement of the show.

I won’t completely dismiss the Nine years either. There were some good elements. The problem was the BB was not the top priority for Nine - eviction and nomination nights were changed and then the show ended up at 8:45 and even on GO! some days. Despite all that it used to top the 16-39 demo without fail but not do as well with older audiences.

Ten could do a better job by giving the show priority scheduling at 7.30, sticking to Sunday eviction, Monday noms and bringing back the games night (possibly Saturday). We live in a different streaming environment so that could be worked out to the satisfaction of fans I’m sure. Lots of opportunity for web content as well.

I think Ten would do very well in 16-39 with BB in the schedule. The trick would be not to try to get 40-55 year olds to watch but to schedule some programming at 8.30 to suit them.

2 Likes

ALL the current (lack of) ‘reality’ shows are constructed. There is NO reality about them.
They are all just puppet shows with the strings being pulled one way or the other based on the rise and fall of ratings.
Rant over.

3 Likes

I agree I quite liked what I saw of the first season on Nine after 3 years thought it became repetitive and it was the same thing as the previous years show. That talking fish was ridiculous.