Ten Network & Paramount+ 2024

Discussion of Network 10 and Paramount + etc programs for 2024.

Upfronts Tuesday 24 October.

1 Like

The event isn’t live streamed correct?

1 Like

Some media assets from MediaWeek this morning, might be consistent with the look / message of todays Upfronts.

IMG_5007

IMG_5009

Not sure what any of it means though - “and we do it with our heart” :thinking:

1 Like

Upfront info:

1 Like

3 Likes

Seems the motto at 10 is everything old is new again. These four shows have been shown on other networks in the past and will be brought back in 2024: Wheel of Fortune, Gladiators, Deal or No Deal, Top Gear Australia.

It looks like 10 is relying on Paramount+ to deliver dramas, with NCIS Sydney and Paper Dolls to air first on the streaming platforms.

I like 10’s plan to bring back Ready Steady Cook to shore up its Friday night schedule. I think it should also renew Location, Location, Location so that those two shows plus Wheel of Fortune can fill up around 40 weeks of the ratings season, rather than relying on The Graham Norton Show.

Saturday nights remain a black hole on 10’s schedule and sadly there is no plans on how to fix it.

Sport is another major issue. 10 desperately needs sports (tier 1 or not) on its schedule in 2024.

Overall, 10’s 2024 line-up is slightly better than Nine’s, which is heavily reliant on the big three: Paris Olympics, Married at First Sight and The Block.

3 Likes

Grant Denyer confirmed as host of Deal or No Deal, 6pm weeknights

1 Like

But what Sport is there for them though? the major rights are tied up and they needed to either get a from of AFL or Cricket rights to be really competitive in the sports landscape. I know they have things like NBL and A-League and while those sports have their fanbases they are too niche in Australia to build your sports broadcasting brand around.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think Paramount ANZ could consider buying Cluch (which recently went into administration) and merge it with Paramount+, to bring in those community sports competitions. This will give P+ a chance to build its sports broadcasting brand.

3 Likes
1 Like

Is this one real?

2 Likes

Bit disappointed with 10. Expected more. Grant Denyer on Deal or No Deal is just lazy casting and would have liked another Traitors season for a start. Not thrilled with Robert Irwin on I’m a Celebrity either.

4 Likes

Doesn’t look like anything scripted was announced.

Grant Denyer DOA 6pm timeslot

3 Likes

Definitely light on drama on 10 next year as far as it seems, one could only hope they have some stuff in the works or come up with a better cross platform strategy between 10/P+.

I was hoping we’d see something new in the factual / observational documentary space to break up dog programs and all the reality series.

Seems to be the norm these days :sweat:

I’m kinda not annoyed over this.

Aren’t people sick of committing and investing into scripted content only for programs to be axed prematurely without a story resolution?

So much easier to watch programs like TGYH, Gladiators, Ambulance Aus etc is they end completely after each episode or season.

1 Like