Paramount Australia & New Zealand

!magine the WIN cover ups OMG, poor us!!

5 Likes

What does it mean for affiliates ? WIN still runs Ch 10 etc here in regional Qld?

No effect as the affiliate agreement is with TEN whoever owns it.

2 Likes

CBS10?

1 Like

For those interested in the fate of The Simpson et al.

Mr Allen said it was unlikely programming would change. Ten is currently renegotiating content deals with CBS and Fox, a group connected to Murdoch interests. The CBS deal cements their content arrangements with Ten.

“The contract with Fox will have to be renegotiated, presumably at a lower price than the current $100 million. Fox would be unlikely to have anywhere else to go to provide that content in Australia,” Mr Allen said.

Enjoyed this phrasing

US TV network giant CBS has stolen a march on Lachlan Murdoch and WIN owner Bruce Gordon by lodging a successful bid for the troubled Network Ten.

6 Likes

Good news all round. Ten This Morning could launch in a similar format to it’s US namesake before Studio 10 as a rival to Sunrise and Today. Let’s hope it’s third time lucky for Ten after the two failed morning shows.

CBS All Access launching in Australia as a competitor to Foxtel Now, Netflix and Stan. The more VOD streaming services the better.

3 Likes

That woud be my guess. If they are going to launch CBS all access they need to get the CBS name out there unless its branded as 10 all access here

2 Likes

More media diversity, not less. A great moment, thank fuck for that.

18 Likes

I think this is fantastic news

4 Likes

This is excellent news for media diversity in Australia.

“There would be no new owner that would suddenly put an ax through what is working for the network”

The problem is not much is working

You don’t swing the axe when recovering in ratings. You rebuild and make changes slowly and thoughtfully. CBS is very good at this sort of thing.

5 Likes

Some analysis

News

… Ten’s news department should heave a sigh of relief.

CBS is a company which prides itself on its well-established and well-respected US news service, which means they see news delivery as core to their brand.

In stark contrast to an imagined Murdoch-Gordon worst case scenario - Ten’s news department booted and replaced with a feed of Foxtel’s Sky News - that has to be a win.

Identity

Ironically, in finding an overseas buyer, Ten’s receivers may have strengthened the network’s Australian identity in the longer term.

The Ten deal means CBS, which already has its content on Ten’s channels Ten and One and operates the Eleven channel as a joint venture, can consolidate that content and, most likely, re-position Ten, One and Eleven.

Content

Though some traditionalists will herald this as a return to Ten’s heartland - CBS does, after all, air the American version of Big Brother.

A CBS-owned Ten will, most likely, end up looking more like Seven or Nine, with a broader pitch to its audience and an approach to the playing field that it is, at the very least, the equal of its two rivals.

6 Likes

Also what made me exceptionally happy was that Daddy’s Trust Baby and Mr Bermuda’s little plan for world domination/ownership of Channel Ten failed. Fantastic.

Just a reminder to all here to consult your doctor should erections last longer than 4 hours.

19 Likes

what should I do if it’s popped?

oh no blood everywhere should I call an ambulance

2 Likes

Send a screenshot to the admins

3 Likes

Send it to anyone but me.

3 Likes

Just slap one of these babies on over the top, you’ll never know anything was wrong!

WIN_logo

3 Likes

Hopefully this means a reinvigorated Ten News Brand under the helm of CBS’s assistance. Maybe finally we can get more Bulletins and they receive better resources. Hopefully this means the start of a new era for Ten News.

3 Likes