Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Send a screenshot to the admins

3 Likes

Send it to anyone but me.

3 Likes

Just slap one of these babies on over the top, you’ll never know anything was wrong!

WIN_logo

3 Likes

Hopefully this means a reinvigorated Ten News Brand under the helm of CBS’s assistance. Maybe finally we can get more Bulletins and they receive better resources. Hopefully this means the start of a new era for Ten News.

3 Likes

Or as CBS like to say:

TEN NEWS - REAL NEWS

1 Like

CBS Eyewitness News (or CBS 10 Eyewitness News)?
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/tag/eyewitness-news/
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/tag/eyewitness-news/

2 Likes

Also, don’t forget their CBSN news service which is on CBS All Access

1 Like

It’s sensible for CBS to buy Ten.

Ten used CBS resources to cover last year’s US Election operating under the brand of “Ten Eyewitness News”. Turn on Ten could be rebranded as Only Ten or We Love TV slogans,

5 Likes

CBS, please bring The Price is Right US on Ten. ~ Sincerely, Me. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Well that “CBS Eyewitness News” synergy goes way back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone is so keen for the CBS brand to be plastered over everything and for Ten to lose its branding and identity.

3 Likes

Family Feud airs on CBS in America. I’d wonder if Ten relaunches The Price is Right here. Let’s hope it isn’t the failed relaunch by 7 five years ago which was branded “The Big W Price is Right”. Family Feud and TPIR will make early evenings great again.

The Price is Right instead of The Project at 6.30pm similar to the format Channel 9 ran in the early 2000s.

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen. Why would they want to do that? Network Ten is still a recognized brand, they’ll just leave it. I wouldn’t want them to touch it,.

But just happy that Bruce couldn’t get his hands on it!

7 Likes

I agree it shouldn’t happen but so many here are suggesting it should. I think if they did anything like that, they would alienate a lot of viewers and lose them.

5 Likes

As a regional viewer, I’m more cautious than anything. Bruce has forged a reputation for retribution, and I’d like to see how he reacts to broadcasting a network he was stiffed out of owning.

3 Likes

CBS said that they see value in the Brand name, so I don’t think the Ten name with go away, it’ll just have some more influence with the CBS Brand perhaps. I agree, changing proporties under the CBS Name would alienate viewers, and you take a few years to build up the new brand. I just hope we will finally see a much healthier Ten going forward.

I also hope there’s not too much American influence with the programming, there needs to be more original Australian content on Ten, especially in the afternoon.

5 Likes

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting it should, but speculating that it will, at least to some extent given CBS want to make their brand global (e.g. CBS All Access).

I don’t think the 11 & One brands are that strong so it wouldn’t surprise me if those were changed (CBS11, CBS1)

3 Likes

I don’t think they will change the name - there is still life and value left in TEN - but I also feel audiences are grown up enough now in this age to embrace new brands. People’s aren’t tied to networks as much as they are to content.

3 Likes

Well, I strongly disagree and hate that idea completely.

1 Like

The best news of all is that news corp didn’t get its way and now has huge competition from a major multi national and multi platform media group.

This really was the best outcome for ten.

News corp or one of the equity firms would not have provided a solid foundation for ten.

11 Likes