Ten HD

Ten HD is only taking up 1.89 Mbps at the moment

2 Likes

Yep, I sure have noticed that. I guess that the switch* to One SD will happen on March 2.

*Technically, it would be a switch back. Remember how One (back in the days it was a sports channel and branded as One HD) was simulcast in SD on LCN-12 back in 2009-10, prior to the introduction of Eleven? :wink:

Yep, and before that the old “TEN SD 2”.

1 Like

Relays to the north and south ? What does that mean?

Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast relays stations of TVQ - all Brisbane stations have a series of UHF relays around SEQ.

2 Likes

Report tonight on Ten News? (anyone in Sydney and Melbourne :grin:)

1 Like

As far as I can tell, the placeholder loop runs for about 4 minutes and 20 seconds.

It might also interest the audio buffs out there that Ten HD will be running Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. Although in placeholder/pre-launch mode at the moment, the channel is only running two channels of audio (basically, stereo audio) with the other four basically just silent for now.

that loop looks great :smiley:
hope its a glimpse of things to come? :smiley:

2 Likes

It is also linked into the Freeview system it doesn’t have an EPG entry but it does trigger the Freeview plus menu when tuned in. Only mentioned because 7Flix still doesn’t (or appear in the EPG).

1 Like

I finally got channel 13 back on tv but channel 53 doesn’t exist yet.

1 Like

Yes. It’s still in HD

You’re quite right about that! :wink: The black backdrop with the blue stage-light effect is reminiscent of the old 1999-2006 Classification screen! :+1:

1 Like

Seems like the Gotham font is now the norm for Ten On-Air Presentation, rather than it just being used in the News service :sunglasses:

So Southern Cross Ten never broadcasted, back in the days of HD, an HD version of Channel Ten in the regions ?

I don’t think so I only remember waiting 6 onths for one hd. never saw ten hd 1st time around. Looks like history repeating. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Found this demonstration loop they possibly ? played ?

Hmm I’m thinking it might take longer than 6 months then if they’ve never broadcasted HD before.

No. SC10 have had a Ten simulcast in HD in the past - it only showed the native HD programming however, with the loop in between.

You are misunderstanding a post that was referring to what happened in SC Ten areas between when One HD launched in metro areas and when it launched in regional areas - they got the demo loop permanently for that time.

Yes that’s the same one on DDT ten Darwin HD channel. A total waste of bandwidth if you ask me.

I hope southern cross ten don’t make the same mistake again. I’d much rather have no channel than that boring loop.

So glad I never got to see it again! Thanks god!

1 Like

DDT ten Darwin was like that for a while. Then for some reason it just put that yucky boring loop 24 / 7. They could easily have unconverted ten Darwin 24 / 7 on ten Darwin HD but they chose not to. And I’m so glad to see the back of that loop.