Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Of course they do :laughing:

Well Dan was live in Sydney last night and Candice was in Melbourne, so it would seem that was the case.

Wish they’d sent someone from Brisbane so we could’ve had the same and had a slightly local angle to reports.

I don’t see how a “local angle” is needed on a sports report from the other side of the world? :confused:

3 Likes

Obviously because the Australian networks want to report on the Australian gold medal wins, but the reason why mainly Seven and Nine (and Ten, to a lesser extent) have sent various reporters who are usually mainly only seen on the local news over is so they’re able to file Olympics reports with a slightly local angle. If for example a Queensland athlete wins a medal, they could do a localised story just for Brisbane’s news with the local reporter from that market as well as a more generic report for use nationally and in other cities. Hopefully that makes sense.

They could’ve used Gia Loukes to anchor live into Brisbane and then turn her around and go live into Adelaide half an hour later.
And then any of the reporters could go live into Perth given the time difference.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Foreign Correspondent

they probably only took one link with them though.

Ten baffle me sometimes…fail to send reporters to big events overseas then Andrew Denny is in Bali for an international anti terrorist summit. There didn even seem to be politicians there. Wonder why it’s getting coverage by ten.

Ten have a setup of sorts in Bali with a local producer there.

he’s a stringer actually, a camera operator whose contact details TEN has in case anything happens.

2 Likes

When showing a weather photo from Wollongong, Tim Bailey corrected said it was in “WIN territory”.

1 Like

Thank god they’re no longer “pumping it out on prime”

4 Likes

Thought they’d be switching it on, on Nine :stuck_out_tongue:

On the Daily Bailey Weather Wall, the forecast where you get it all!

They are firing it out of a cannon on WIN:

Incidentally, the same person contributed both photos of Wollongong:

3 Likes

The sooner that Ten finally realise that Sydney viewers prefer a weather presenter who delivers straight and to the point weather forecasts (which the likes of David Brown, Amber Sherlock and Graham Creed are providing viewers on the other three news bulletins in town), the better.

Really, I’m sure Tim Bailey is a decent enough person but when you go on about irrelevant topics for 2-3 minutes and often have to hurry though the actual forecast (you know, the bit that viewers actually expect from weather presenters) so the bulletin actually ends on time (and in the past, there have been occasions when the bulletin has ended mid-sentence due to Tim Bailey’s forecasts!), then you aren’t a very good weather presenter!

1 Like

Are you trying to say that giving a holiday away to the Cook Islands isn’t relevant to the average Sydneysider and the weather?

1 Like

While what you say might be a widely held opinion on this forum, there isn’t any evidence to support it. Without a minute, by minute ratings breakdown, we don’t know if the weather is one of the highest rated parts of Ten’s Sydney bulletin or not.

1 Like

I would’ve thought the fact that the news bulletins of Seven, Nine and ABC all rate consistently higher in Sydney than Ten’s is good enough evidence that local viewers aren’t a fan of the weather segment or indeed the news service in general.

Of course the timeslot is a not insignificant reason that Ten is the lowest rating of Sydney’s four news services too, but the point still stands.

I don’t know how you can possibly use the average ratings for the full hour of a 5pm, 2 x 6pm and a 30 minute 7pm bulletin to compare the weather presenters. So many more things are going on there. I doubt there is anyone who chooses which to watch based on the weather presenter.

3 Likes