Ten Cricket Coverage

$200 million per year over 5 years for premium content isn’t that much.

$60m for big bash
$140 for internationals
I would have to say thought it would need to include the online rights as well so ten can deliver multi platform coverage.

If ten have the balls and the foresight they should go hard at this.

1 Like

I think they really need to go hard at this too, it’ll be good for the sport and Network ten, as they can heavily promote ten as the home of cricket.

$1 Billion over 6 years may be more realistic.

The only thing that concerns me about the Big Bash League was that the prime time matches during weeknights was shown in full and in Blurry SD on ONE in Perth and Regional WA. Most of the other states shown the game in HD. In WA, we had the prime-time games in HD during weekends. I don’t know why Channel 10 Perth decided to put games on ONE.

I think it would be because the network doesn’t want it to clash with their early evening line up

1 Like

Their early evening line up that is currently not rating. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

personally, I’d rather see them invest in news (which runs 365 days a year) over something that runs 40-50 days a year. They have to pinch vision from Seven and Nine News… spend money on the news first.

1 Like

I would like that too but we know they won’t. They don’t need a 200 million outlay for news. 15-20 million annually more on news would do the job.
And if they don’t get the rights they will be getting 8% audience shares for the 10 weeks of summer with no promotional platform for the ratings season.

2 Likes

Hmmm I would also love to see them invest with news but its obviously that without a platform investing in anything else would be pointless.

In the first two weeks of 2017, Ten’s Big Bash coverage has seen the network record its biggest audience since the start of the OzTAM ratings system in 2001, plus its highest commercial shares in total people and 25 to 54s since 2001.

(Details to follow)

3 Likes

Biggest number of actual viewers?

Or biggest shares?

Big difference.

Easier to get bigger shares with okay numbers during summer when there is no competition.

Plenty of other Ten programming since 2001 pulls much much bigger audiences

1 Like

Biggest audience

In the first two weeks of 2017, Network Ten has recorded its biggest total people audience since the OzTAM ratings system started in 2001, plus its highest commercial shares in total people and 25 to 54s since 2001.

Surely master chef and bachelor finales more than doubled any big bash telecast

Ratings for a two-hour program hardly compares to a week full of cricket.

Ah - I see

So the statement should be

“Ten recorded it’s biggest weekly average audience”

Not

“Ten recorded its biggest audience”

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t the average audience it was the total audience for the week - the number that the audience share is based on.

I’ve been following ratings 20
Years - I’ve never heard of a total weekly audience?

Is it every viewer added up
Over the week?

Averaged out? (You say no)

What is that number - and what was Ten’s number for the week?

I’ve never heard this stat

That is how the weekly and daily audience shares are calculated. The numbers aren’t published by OzTAM, but each day there is an audience calculated for each network and from there the share is produced. The weekly audience share is calculated from the total from each day to give a total audience for the week (rather than calculating an average share from each day).

I’m
Still
Not sure that makes sense. I totally get what you are saying and I’m
Not saying you’re lying - Ten issued the line.

But I’m Just not sure even 7 nights of big bash audiences of 750-850k or so, on an otherrwise very low rating schedule in summer 2017, got a higher weekly audience total than say a masterchef finale week where there were 4 2 hour masterchef eps getting above 1.5m and a finale getting 3m, say In season among a higher rating schedule 4 years ago.

I think Ten got its biggest share.
But not it’s biggest audience. I think they worded their scentence wrong.

If that was the case they would not have said biggest audience PLUS biggest share.

biggest total people audience since the OzTAM ratings system started in 2001, plus its highest commercial shares in total people