Ten Cricket Coverage

I dunno. Network press releases always have wording mistakes that can be interperated differently. Australian networks aren’t the best at attention to detail in their own releases. Regardless obviously big bash is huge

More info on the Big Bash ratings

The Television Season So Far:

• Average game audience, capital cities only: 697,000 viewers.
• Average game audience, capital cities only, Session 2: 774,000 viewers.
• Average game audience, capital cities only, Session 1: 638,000 viewers.
• Average game audience, capital cities only, Post Game: 358,000 viewers.

If it was the highest total viewers wouldn’t it be also the highest average as well?

No; all the other networks could have had high viewer numbers as well.

1 Like

The game was shown on Ten, but didn’t have the HD watermark on a cricket app.

Good.
Is the stream available in HD?
It’d probably be bad to have it on if a SD or lower resolutiion/low-bandwidth stream is being seen by some viewers, and rather than provide multiple streams they’d just stream the cleaner feed.

It is in High Quality although I don’t think it’s in HD when you stream it on cricket.com.au.

Cricket Australia angered as Channel Ten provide on-air tactics to Adelaide Strikers captain Brad Hodge
Ten has apologised to Cricket Australia for a live interview with Brad Hodge during Sydney Thunder’s run chase against Adelaide last night, which went like this:

“Our master statistician Lawrie Colliver tells us (paceman Ben) Laughlin has got (Shane) Watson twice in the last eight balls he’s bowled him in this competition,” Mark Howard said.
“Really?” Hodge replied.
“I’ll leave that with you skipper,” Howard said.
A jovial Hodge then said: “I’ll bring him on next over then. Let’s get him into the game. Next over bud.”

IIRC this is the first time Ten has got into trouble with CA for the BBL coverage.

1 Like

I saw this last night and wondered if anything would be said - thanks for the link

1 Like

Yeah Ten crossed the line from interviewing & commentating to interfering with the game.
Definitely not what a broadcaster should be doing.

3 Likes

On Ten’s cricket beating Seven’s tennis in the ratings.

[quote]Network 10’s head of Big Bash David Barham said it was incredible to see its overall market share increase this season. … "If you’d said three or four years ago that a cricket match between NSW and Victoria was going to be bigger than the tennis, people would have laughed at you.”

[/quote]

3 Likes

Didn’t realise NSW and Victoria were still teams in the BBL.

2 Likes

A bit of controversy with TEN commmetator Mark Howard inadvertently giving Adelaide Strikers captain Brad Hodge some tactical advice on air on Wednesday night.

Wonder what or if any action will TEN will take against Mark Howard or Cricket Aust will take against TEN?
Howard should have known better than to say things like that.

Hopefully the sack. They don’t need him.

They have a good team with Ponting, Gilchrist, Fleming, Sthalekar, Waugh, Jones, Symonds and McCullum

2 Likes

I really get annoyed with ten when a player is injured or sick like tonight and they have an advert mid over. 2 balls later and we have another ad before the next over! :rage:

Another ad you mean?

Yeah I guess…but if there’s not much happening due to a delay, they may as well.

But they can still only average 14 mins (or something like that) of ads per hour.

Another game played in Melbourne without Andy Maher. Excellent.

The people have spoken and for once a network has listened.

4 Likes

Next week’s semi finals:
Tuesday:
WBBL: Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat (WACA Ground, 2.40pm AEDT) live on One
BBL: Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Stars (WACA Ground, 7.40pm AEDT) live on Ten/One
Wednesday:
WBBL: Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes (The Gabba, 2.40pm) live on One
BBL: Brisbane Heat v Sydney Sixers (The Gabba, 7.40pm AEDT) live on Ten/One

Perth[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:204, topic:1389”]
Tuesday: Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Stars (WACA Ground, 7.40pm AEDT)
[/quote]

Perth and Melbourne have now been matched to play each other in the Semi Finals five out of a possible six seasons!![quote=“Rutzie, post:203, topic:1389”]

The people have spoken and for once a network has listened.
[/quote]
He should be used for hosting rather than commentary as I think he does really well in that position.

1 Like