Ten Cricket Coverage

Spin doctors at Ten hard at work again.

1 Like

More like Nine if you ask me - The Big Bash season hasn’t even finished - perhaps Nine should wait to include the lead up to and finals.

Didn’t nine just post a press release saying their coverage is rating higher? Just another case of mine is bigger than your between networks. Take it all with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

No, Ch 9’s wasn’t an average.

They were showing they’ve had more individual games rate higher (Ch 10 in comparison have only had one 1m+ rating session so far).

So both networks are correct.

Switch channel graphic seen in Queensland.

3 Likes

Darren Lehmann did a great job as a commentator for the Heat-Scorchers match tonight. When he is not the Australian cricket coach he can provide special comments for either Nine or Ten.
His next match in commentary box will be Strikers v Renegades at Adelaide Oval next Monday night.

1 Like

Commentating a game his son is playing in.

His son hasn’t played the last few Strikers games because he’s out of form so there’s a chance he won’t be playing.

Twitter is talking about the BBL tonight. Amazing batting!!

WHAT A FINISH!!! Record run chase, going to the last ball and an unbelievable innings by McDermott! Going to be big ratings…

1 Like

Fantastic game and even better commentary team. No Andy Maher.

4 Likes

Was pulled over on the side of the highway listening to the end via radio streaming, had to work tonight and it’s about the only game I havent had a chance to watch! Have set the recording for the replay tomorrow. What a game! Being a Tasmanian - Go Canes!

3 Likes

you may need to extend your recording. As the time that ONE have put may not be enough, well that’s if you want to watch in entirety.

1 Like

A couple of articles today regarding the next rights deal and this potential $60millon per season asking price.

Clearly ten are making huge profits from the revenue generated given how cheap the rights were for them. They really should be saving these profits to reinvest in a large bid to blow out competitors. They really need to pay over and beyond to lock up the ratings otherwise they will be attracting 8% audience share all summer if they lose the rights. So there’s really no circumstances that they lose these rights otherwise the network will be on he verge of collapse again.

2 Likes

I hate cricket, cannot stand it. But hopefully ten do get the rights, then they can heavily promote themselves as “The Home of Cricket” . A suitable time for a network relaunch.

If Ten get the test rights, at least they now have a library of past BB matches to play during rain delays - Thursday night’s would be a good one to use.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m not big on cricket (or much sport generally) either but I certainly do know many who enjoy watching it.

From a network ratings perspective, I completely agree that Ten absolutely need to go hard with the cricket rights, possibly even taking test/ODI/T20 international rights off Nine (I’d bet that WIN would love those rights back after only a Summer or two as well). Otherwise, Ten will probably be getting sub-10% ratings during the Summer without any premium sport.

2 Likes

All Ten has to do is ring up Cricket Australia and offer 1 billion for all rights. Done deal in 2 minutes. Nine won’t match that.

1 Like

and where would Ten get this sort of money?

Have you not seen all the ads for low interest credit cards lately? That and a few travel expenses MP style and they could stump up the cash, so to speak.

4 Likes