Ten Cricket Coverage

3 Likes

I watch Andy Maher with Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar and I can’t find anything wrong with his hosting or calling.

###KFC Big Bash League And Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Finals.
Finals Schedule Confirmed.

Following a dramatic final round of explosive T20 cricket over the weekend, the Perth Scorchers will take on the Melbourne Stars this Tuesday night in the first KFC Big Bash League Semi-Final in a bid to score themselves the first spot in Saturday’s highly anticipated final.

Join cricket legends Adam Gilchrist and Damien Fleming, plus TEN Sport’s Mark Howard, live from 7.30pm AEDT on Tuesday as they bring viewers all the action from the knock-out match.

The first Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Semi-Final clash between the Perth Scorchers and the Brisbane Heat will precede the men’s game on Tuesday from 2.30pm AEDT live on ONE. Don’t miss a minute of the action with Mel Jones, Lisa Sthalekar and TEN Sport’s Andy Maher.

In the second Semi-Final of the KFC Big Bash League, the Brisbane Heat will battle it out with the Sydney Sixers at the Gabba on Wednesday night for their chance to play in Saturday’s Big Final.

Join Roz Kelly with Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh, Mel Jones and Mark Howard live and exclusive on Network Ten from 7.30pm AEDT.

The second Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Semi-Final will see the Sydney Sixers face the Hobart Hurricanes on Wednesday from 2:30pm AEDT live on ONE. Tune in with Roz Kelly, Mel Jones, Andy Maher and special guest commentator Meg Lanning.

The Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Big Final will be broadcast from 1.30pm AEDT on Saturday 28 January. Then stay tuned for the KFC Big Bash League Big Final from 6.00pm AEDT live and exclusive on Network Ten.

Join TEN Sport’s Roz Kelly and Mark Howard with Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh and Damien Fleming as they bring you all the thrilling Big Bash action for the last time this summer.

KFC Big Bash League Semi-Final 1.
Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Stars.
Tuesday, 24 January From 7.30pm AEDT.

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Semi-Final 1.
Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat.
Tuesday, 24 January From 2.30pm AEDT.

KFC Big Bash League Semi-Final 2.
Brisbane Heat v Sydney Sixers.
Wednesday, 22 January From 7.30pm AEDT.

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Semi-Final 2.
Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes.
Wednesday, 22 January From 2.30pm AEDT.

KFC Big Bash League Big Final.
Saturday, 28 January From 6.00pm AEDT.

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Big Final.
Saturday, 28 January from 1.30pm AEDT.

And Perth viewers would take to social media to express their fury to Ten why they have the Games in SD. The Project & Family Feud is no 1 and people can’t believe why Channel Ten stooges did this.

1 Like

Perhaps Cricket Australia should add a condition to the new BBL rights contract that every match must be shown in HD Australia wide? That means if Ten keeps the BBL rights it has no choice but to move the 5pm news to One and/or Eleven.

2 Likes

Much as Nine’s cricket coverage has been criticised recently (and deservedly so, for the most part), at least they prioritise the match, have been showing the matches on 9HD, drop ACA & other programmes and delay 9News until the cricket’s over; I don’t see why Ten shouldn’t be doing the same.

Now, which MediaSpy user is Unhappy, Perth? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Why do I get the impression that you wrote that letter to the paper?

My money is on @WAtvVideos

The other option is for TEN to do a Channel Seven and flip One to HD for the duration of the Big Bash only.

1 Like

Oh no! There’s already enough…unhappiness expressed here with 7bogan HD instead of 7. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, it would only be for 1 month and not 11 months like 7 does.
And in Perth only.

And as it’s not ratings period, it’s not like there’s much else to watch on TEN otherwise at this time of year.

For the most part, Nine don’t prioritise cricket. In most cases the News takes priority. If the cricket took priority and the multichannel programming was followed as suggested for Ten, Nine News would be shown on 9GEM at 6pm in all markets and at 5.30pm on the Gold Coast.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that; when several of the recent test matches ran late (AEDT) because of extra time added after rain delays, they didn’t cut away from the cricket to 9News at 18:00. I think the news started at 18:40 one day.

2 Likes

Last game on Nine was Sunday - one day game. 9 Brisbane cut to the news at 6pm with the cricket at this stage

Happens all the time in all markets. The news has priority.

2 Likes

Its so that it doesn’t disrupt their early evening line up. I didn’t hear other states complain when WA was the only one that aired BBL in HD

By showing the BBL on One in Perth it is providing consistency. Games with the local team are quite popular but Ten’s line-up also does well. Having the regular line up on Ten in a timeslot that doesn’t depend on the finish time of the cricket also adds to the consistency.

Last night was a good example where Ten’s main channel ranked third ahead of Nine. Jamie’s Comfort Foods and NCIS:LA were more popular than anything on Nine including the news while at the same time One was the number one channel.

I think the difference is the start/early into the ODI innings vs the end of an innings, and the timezones (where the match is being played and where you’re watching).

I can remember watching in AEDT (for matches played in AEDT or Adelaide) Nine many times waited for the end of the 1st ODI innings before going to news, and also when necessary waited for the day’s play to finish in a test before going to news, but I’ve heard they have cut away mid-innings for viewers in other timezones, and for AEDT viewers for a match played in Perth.

So you’re right, the cricket isn’t always prioritised.

The problems are sport really benefits from HD, insufficient bandwidth to broadcast enough channels in HD, and absolutely people like consistency with the schedule.

I don’t come across as that unhappy, do I? :smirk:

3 Likes

no, just mildly disturbed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can live with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So is that a no, you didn’t write in to the paper? :hushed:

1 Like