Ten Cricket Coverage

No. I also don’t live in Perth. Although I do agree with the writer, Big Bash in SD is lame.

2 Likes

Of course, you have mentioned mappy, no 7HD, etc., speaking of which, SD vs mappy; if I had to choose between One in SD or mappy HD, I think I might go with One SD, but what a horrible choice!

I’d still prefer to watch it in HD regardless of what logo is being shown. They’re both solid and distracting, but at least one of them is showing the content on the remaining 95% of the screen in HD.

2 Likes

Just like the AFL on 7

Great game tonight - first super over of the season coming up

4 Likes

Amazing end to the semi final with the super over. Moises Henriques led from the front in the regular innings then in the super over. In the end 22 runs were too many for the Heat. The occasion would have suited Chris Lynn who was sidelined with a neck injury.
Saturday will be huge for Perth Scorchers and Sydney Sixers as they meet in both women’s and men’s BBL final. Two years ago they met in a thrilling final in Canberra (Brett Lee’s last game) where the Scorchers won on the last ball as the Sixers missed a run out chance.

1 Like

I think the only time when the News doesn’t take priorty would be if there were 9 wickets on the board, or if the required runs to win is about to be met.

The originally advised Perth schedule is

Perhaps the post match program will be extended with Perth playing??

Wow!

First at Five News becomes First at 2PM!!!

That would be a world record?
A TV station having its only news bulletin at 2 in the afternoon?

I think a lot of people forget many Westrayans live out of Perth.

1 Like

If I were you, I would have BBL on TEN onwards from #BBL07 for Perth
My lineup on TEN
4PM - TEN Eyewitness News
4:30PM - BBL (with B&B on 11)
Family Feud will be at 6PM on (1 & 11), The Project will be on at 6:30pm on ONE.

1 Like

Some people in here have been talking about consistency etc. and that being the reason why Ten air The Big Bash on ONE in Perth. What then I don’t understand is the complete opposite happens in Adelaide where The Project is cut off completely at 7:10, and rather than swapping The Project to ONE or Eleven it is not shown at all. Could ten not do the same then in Adelaide or alternatively have it on ONE for 20 minutes and then switch it to Ten at 7:30? This is the second year in a row that this has happened and I find it quite irritating as I use The Project as my main source to the news for the day, but it is difficult to use this inconsistency as your major source to news.

4 Likes

I agree with you Turdall, The Project should move to One in Adelaide when it clashes with the BBL.
In your case, there is a late night replay plus the episode is available on Tenplay.

I’m surprised Ten Adelaide are mistreating The Project, I thought it was one of Ten’s most popular programmes.
If Ten are going to prioritise the cricket then be consistent about it and move the news & Project around to fit in with the cricket; if not, then shifting the cricket to One during the conflicting time seems a reasonable approach (like the tennis being on 7Two or 7bogan during 7News).

I understand that but I kind of like watching News at 6:30 rather than later at night or online.

3 Likes

can’t The Project end at 7pm on TEN and then the second episode of MAS*H gets replaced by the last 30 minutes of The Project.

1 Like

Great idea. Pity Ten haven’t figured this out yet. Its always seemed pretty simple to me.

###KFC Big Bash League and Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Final.

Tomorrow From 1.30pm AEDT

Don’t miss a minute of explosive T20 action this Saturday, 28 January when the Perth Scorchers host the highly anticipated Final of the KFC Big Bash League and Rebel Women’s Big Bash League, live, free and exclusive on Network Ten.

The boys in orange convincingly defeated the Melbourne Stars by seven wickets on Tuesday night at the #TheFurnace to earn the right to host tomorrow’s big game. They will take on the Sydney Sixers, who beat the Brisbane Heat in an epic Super Over finish on Wednesday night to earn their berth in the final.

The KFC Big Bash League Final will be preceded by the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Final, also featuring the Perth Scorchers and the Sydney Sixers.

The Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Final will be broadcast live and exclusive on Network Ten from 1.30pm AEDT tomorrow. Then stay tuned for the KFC Big Bash League Final Preview Show from 6.00pm AEDT, with the match broadcast commencing at 7.00pm AEDT.

Join TEN Sport’s Roz Kelly, Mark Howard and Andy Maher with Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh, Damien Fleming, Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar as they bring you all the thrilling Big Bash action for the last time this summer.

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League Final.
Saturday, January 28 from 1.30pm AEDT.
Live, Free And Exclusive On Network Ten And WIN Network.

KFC Big Bash League Big Final Preview Show.
Saturday, January 28 from 6.00pm AEDT.

KFC Big Bash League Final.
Saturday, January 28 from 7.00pm AEDT.

2 Likes

Cricket Australia announced this morning that the BBL will have eight more matches next season (excluding finals), meaning each team will play 10 matches during the regular season, five at home and five away. BBL boss Anthony Everard said in a statement that the league is looking at expanding into “non-traditional markets”. The Women’s Big Bash League will remain as is, with each side playing 14 matches.
CA has indicated the 2017/18 BBL season could run slightly later but is unlikely to begin earlier in December because of a clash of scheduling with the third Ashes Test in Perth, scheduled to begin on December 14, while Ten’s BBL producer David Barham has told Fairfax there would be room to schedule more day matches to accommodate the increase.
Good news for fans but mixed bag for Ten. While next year the BBL can potentially fill in Ten’s programming gap between the Australian Open and the start of official ratings, it could also mean shows like I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here may have to be pushed back to avoid clashing with the BBL. The extended season and BBL finals will also need to accommodate the Trans-Tasman Twenty20 series in February next year.

I would suggest that the 20/20 will either start a couple of days earlier or there will be a few more double matches.