Tech Talk

…yet. The other models didn’t explode when launched either but later…

I’ll stick to my OnePlus 5. :grin:

I’m fine with my S6.

Tonight on Nine News, they were referring to the iPhone X as the iPhone TEN (as in the X being the Roman numeral), due to it being the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. I had thought it was just meant to be referred to as the letter X.

Which makes me think the next iPhone will be the 10s or 11, that there won’t be an 8s, 9 or 9s.

1 Like

I think Apple may stay with larger screen models, so no iPhone 8s.

1 Like

Pretty sure I saw it first on an Apple site this morning but most other websites discussing it are writing it as "iPhone X - pronounced iPhone 10 "

2 Likes

I’m not even sure lol.
During the presentation, they were even referring to it as TEN rather than X.

Waste of money at that price and for something that’s not all that revolutionary to other phones already on the market IMO. I was hoping for more wow factor on this occasion and they disappointed yet again with nothing that interesting too see here (just the usual insignificant crap like better camera, longer battery life blah-blah-blah).

Excluding the fanatics of course, most ordinary people (like myself) wouldn’t even bother considering this with the usual ridiculously expensive prices attached to each new product release with generally minor new features included. I think I’ll keep my older model for the time being.

Neither do a lot of other brands phones. And Samsung have apparently fixed that issue now. :wink:

2 Likes

Mac OS X was always OS Ten as it was the series of versions coming after OS 9.

image Alert

Spotify scam—fake email alert!

Do you have a Spotify Premium account? Be wary of emails with the subject ‘Your Spotify Premium payment isn’t working’.

The email will ask you to ‘update your billing’, with a link taking you to a fake sign-in page almost identical to the real Spotify website.

The fake website is extremely convincing and is a reminder to be vigilant about keeping your personal information safe and secure

If you receive this email, delete it immediately.

3 Likes

This parody video in regards to the iPhone X is pretty funny

4 Likes

So does anyone here have deep enough pockets to even consider buying the iPhone X?

I’ll be sticking with my ageing iPhone 5S for now.

1 Like

There is absolutely no way that I’d ever be able to justify such a purchase.

What happened with Telstra’s phone plans where you could just pay a nominal upfront fee alongside the 24 month contract and then not have to worry about paying monthly device fees? I remember for my first iPhone (an iPhone 4) I paid $99 upfront with a $50 monthly plan. That seems a much more manageable idea than having to pay a considerably higher monthly plan fee ($120 a month?!?!)

1 Like

I believe the ACCC considered this “too confusing / too hard to compare” by the average consumer and forced companies to change to what they do now. This Choice article details some of the requirements that were brought in post ACL / TCP in 2010.

But then, the outright purchase price back then was much lower too.

Still, going on a 24 month contract now is much more competitive cost wise vs a outright purchase than it used to be.

1 Like

Unless you want to buy the latest Xiaomi.

2 Likes

Nope. I’ll be sticking with my 6. Although next time I upgrade I’m seriously looking at Samsung or similar as they’re becoming more appealing and are ahead of whatever Apple does at the moment.

These are pretty funny too:

2 Likes

jacksfilms always deliver on his parodies holy shit yes.

3 Likes

by the time i got my iphone 8 (only 64 gb) and my apple watch with cellular i’m flat busted broke.

i love the look of the iphone X but i can’t justify the price honestly.

1 Like

Has anyone had their social media hacked? Christopher Pyne is claiming his Twitter was hacked overnight when his account liked an explicit gay video.