Tech Talk

The Telstra prepaid 5G cap tiers are slightly different to Boost.

1 Like
2 Likes

Does anyone else have no end of trouble on the daily with Apple Homepods?

We have a few around the house - and the connectivity is always failing. I am having to reset/unplug the Homepods everyday to activate Siri and make it work as it should.

Its driving me nuts. Is this the same with ‘hey Google’ and Alexa etc?

3 Likes

never used homepods, but alexa has been pretty rock solid. i use it for lights, in place of a bedside radio and for a doorbell and have had no issues.

Is your wifi coverage enough? thats when ive seen issues in the past

1 Like

I had a funny thing happen last night. Watching TV and there was a very loud “shut up” as part of the dialogue. Then a voice behind me said “OK”.

Now, I do have fairly good surround sound, but not this good. Somehow, the Goggle device at the back of the room had picked up something in the dialogue that it felt it needed to respond to :smile: I couldn’t get it to repeat though.

It did happen one other time when I was on a Zoom call, and something I said prompted the Google device to start answering some imagined question, much to everyone’s amusement.

3 Likes

I used to have that happen all the time when the radio on my mini HiFi would play a promo for that station’s streaming service.

1 Like

I have wondered this (re internet) however we are on a pretty high standard plan - due to working from home most days. I don’t know the specifics but I do know we recently upped it.

My automations work ok (lights on daily etc) its just the ‘hey Siri play…’ that seems to always be an issue.

I have intermittent issues with my alarm - its set to play Double J, but at least twice a week it fails to trigger - no indication why

1 Like

are you talking about the “one sec” “working on it” slowness? - because yeah I find it annoying too

1 Like

Yeh it does that a lot. But also ‘I’m having trouble finding that in your Apple library’ even though she was playing the same song not an hour earlier.

1 Like

A long time ago (before Homepods) I had issues with Siri on my WiFi, turned out i needed to make some changes to my WiFi to get it to work properly - was a known UniFi issue

Need to remember Wi-Fi and Internet are two separate and not equal things. You could have fast internet but poor or slow Wi-Fi coverage possibly even just around where the speakers live. Conflicts with your neighbours Wi-Fi could also cause issues. I think most setups these days will automatically try to avoid this but depends on how yours is configured.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with the 3 HomePods I gave after the last major update. I ended up deleting them and adding them face to the home and rarely gave trouble now.

Further to this, just now I asked Siri to play ‘Nova 100 Melbourne’. She couldn’t find this in my Apple Music Library :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

However, just to try it out… I asked her to play ‘Nova 937’ and she played it straight away.

2 Likes

loving this thing… M2 Pro baby! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Perhaps it’s not just me with my Siri/HomePod issues. This article is exactly spells out what I’m experiencing!!

1 Like

Google will be dropping support for Windows versions 7, 8/8.1 on February 7 when it rolls out its newest Chrome release.

2 Likes

I loved the end of the article…

This might be hurtful for those who work on the Siri team. But then again, I doubt they’ve understood a word I’ve said.

:face_vomiting: :fire:
:laughing:

2 Likes

Nova 100’s Ben, Liam and Belle mentioned the impending death of IE this morning and invited listeners to call in to share their stories of using the browser.

2 Likes