Tech Talk

$32.6 billion?

:scream:

Hope he didn’t have all his eggs in one basket.

Glad I never bought any crypto currency.

1 Like

US as well (nearly $50 BILLION AUD :exploding_head:!)

2 Likes

I recently had a phone call from a phone number starting with 072. I didn’t realise we had started using 07 2xxx xxx.

2 Likes

Sorry guys I need some help. My father has an annoying problem with his phone atm and wants me to fix it and I have to no idea what is causing it. Basically whenever he has a call the phone plays an old voicemail message. I’ve basically messed around with everything I can. And it’s still going on. I’m honestly starting to think he has called a doggy number back and the phone may be stuffed. It’s a Samsung S9

1 Like

Sent up a new voicemail

Instructions: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ (G960U/G965U) - Set Up Voicemail - AT&T

1 Like

Nope. It it turned out that a spoof number had somehow ended up on the phone and the message some how became the ring tone.

2 Likes

Guys, I just realised I downloaded the FTX app on my phone a long time ago now I only just found it and deleted it straight away. Wow :open_mouth: :hushed: :astonished: :triumph: :rage:

3 Likes

fyi for people wanting more control on the ads they see through Google Ads (signing into a Google account will give you more options too):

https://myadcenter.google.com/

3 Likes

If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you should read this.

1 Like

From the article:

“At this time these reports are from customers based in South Australia only. We are continuing to investigate this matter.”

I wonder if that is true. Mine did a big update last week and is now on Android 13 and it’s introduced a few minor issues - things like some fonts not the right size in apps and stuff but apart from that it was a normal update.

1 Like
1 Like

For anyone on Telstra/Boost prepaid, speed caps will be applied from 4th April.
The Boost 5G trial will have officially ended on that date and is included as standard on all Boost plans.

1 Like

Realistically, 150 Mbits is heaps, unless you are downloading large files maybe. Only caveat is whether speeds are reliable.

It’s definitely more than enough. I just wish it was uncapped on speedtests - kinda love seeing how fast the 5G service actually is in my area :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Other than that it is more than suffice

1 Like

More reasonable than I expected, and not surprised to see them keeping 5G access for Boost as the speeds on the Telstra 4G network degrade with the sheer number of MNVOs using it.

1 Like

150Mbps is faster than my NBN! More than happy with that speed cap for $40 recharges.

1 Like

I keep hearing that a large part of Telstra’s “5G” network is struggling to get speed above that anyway - combination of factors (spectrum seems to be a big issue in regional areas)

1 Like

No problems where i am, i regularly get 400 M/bits or better