Tech Talk

Good thing they did keep the 9th gen around because the prices for the 10th gen are daft, I’m sure there are factors as to why its nearly $1000 for the 256GB model (Wi-Fi Only) but that seems stupidly overpriced for what is essentially the entry-level model.

2 Likes

If they’re justifying using the Gen1 Pencil for “cost cutting”, I don’t see where the cost cutting is :confused:

1 Like

How Australians make voice calls at home

Most Australian adults have only a mobile to make voice calls at home, with the move away from landlines continuing.

Two-thirds (63%) have a mobile but no longer have a landline for voice calls at home. This is a slight increase from June 2020 when 60% of Australians were mobile-only for voice calls at home – and the increase is slowing.

1 Like

Probably at least partially due to moving the front camera to the ‘side’ position where the pencil 2 docks onto other models

Yep. Tossing up whether to get my partner a new ipad to replace her Air 2. Was going to go an Air 5 maybe with keyboard but possibly would have settled for the new 10th gen if it wasn’t for the pencil decision… but I suppose that’s what they want :unamused:

Yep, and sadly the only way is up for the pricing :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

EDIT 26/10

1 Like

https://studentedge.org/article/miniclip-shutting-down

That’s a shame, If you are of a certain age flash based browser games were likely a big part of your internet usage from the mid to late 2000s.

3 Likes

Damn, first Club Penguin, now this :frowning:

1 Like

Also, Habbo Hotel

2 Likes

Habbo isn’t dead tho? (I mean, it is “dead” but still around)

I must be showing my age!

I haven’t heard of any of Mini Clip, Club Penguin or Habbo Hotel!

2 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I went on Mini clip but I remember back in the day it was always ahaha.

2 Likes

(best Miniclip game, played this all the time when it was free time on the computers in primary school)

That’s what I was thinking! Where’s Candystand? That’s where all the time wasting games in school were!

1 Like

I found this today it just shows how bad things are.

https://www.fireeye.com/cyber-map/threat-map.html

1 Like

Cryptocurrency firm FTX, one of the major sponsors of this year’s T20 World Cup, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US. Its Australian subsidiary is not affected.

2 Likes

Who is the Australian subsidary of FTX?

2 Likes

Because it was put into administration earlier in the week in a separate move

4 Likes

Here’s a video that talks about FTX:

1 Like