Tech Talk

The Optus data breach and Minister O’Neil’s warning in federal parliament today should put other telco firms (especially Telstra) on high alert.

The ACCC are quickly showing theyre not fit for purpose

1 Like

Now reported that the hacker has deleted the Optus data and apologised according to news reports.

Whoever did it is certainly showing they are a bit amateurish with how indecisive they are :roll_eyes:

People are basically slamming this guy now on this forum. The funniest part is that the original forum where this popped up isn’t even on the dark web. So yer this guy is a complete idiot

It certainly highlights that Optus describing this as a sophisticated hack is a lie. The Project’s report last night was very interesting, saying that anyone could have located the open API and accessed the data. You didn’t need to hack it at all.

1 Like

This is the thread with everyone slamming the hacker

https://breached.to/Thread-Optus-Data-will-not-be-sold-or-leaked

This has the feel of it being a bit of an “inside” job

from what i have read it wasn’t even a hack - it was an unsecured API that was used to extract the data

Queenslanders impacted by the Optus data breach will be provided new drivers licences with new numbers free of charge.

1 Like

That forum looks fake AF! Someone can easily act like they did it.

Just a word of warning be careful with the links that are in there!

2 Likes

optus paid. I bet you my last £10 optus paid them

3 Likes

Who’s paying Optus in Pounds?

i still have a tenner in my wallet from my last UK trip. i didn’t bother to change it and now the pound has dropped theres no point to swap it at the moment

2 Likes

They might be stupid, but surely not that stupid - if it turns out they have paid the ransom, the Government will crucify them.

Just this morning I thought I’d head to the Optus Facebook page to see how the company were handling things, see what type of messages they were trying to communicate about the situation.

Nothing. :person_facepalming:

1 Like