Tech Talk

Update to this: apparently if you have an iPhone 11 (non-Pro), iPhone XR, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini, you’ll still be out of luck :confused:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

I upgraded to a Z Fold4!

Very nice phone - probably the most comfortable phone I’ve ever typed on! :smiley:

For a first foldable for me, definitely a good choice.

4 Likes

i got the z fold 3

2 Likes

Apple is looking at axing the physical SIM card slot from some iPhone models, with Bloomberg reporting the SIM slot could be removed on some of this year’s iPhone 14 models.

EDIT: Apple has dropped the physical SIM card slot in favour of two eSIMs, for iPhones sold in the US.

1 Like

With the way Apple keep removing things, im expecting one day there won’t even be an actual phone.

4 Likes

Maybe Apple will merge iPhone with Apple Watch one day?

2 Likes
1 Like

The Dynamic Island is genius design. Well done to Apple on it.

2 Likes

And in Brazil

1 Like

Meanwhile, the regular iPhone 14 seems unchanged from the 13. The only notable differences appear to be

• the “Photonic Engine”, which claims better low-light camera performance

• Crash Detection

• 5 core GPU (as opposed to 4 core)

• autofocus on the front camera

• Bluetooth 5.3

1 Like

The most minimal difference between iPhone generations ever - they really should have kept the “S” moniker for this reason.

I was a bit surprised that Samsung “beat” Apple to using the year as the model designation… I would have expected Apple to come up with that idea first, I reckon they would have wanted that one, as the number 14 seems a bit meaningless compared to 22 (in 2022).

1 Like
1 Like

This is a very, very serious breach given Optus is Australia’s No.2 telco company.

I am an Optus customer so I could be affected.

2 Likes

A nefarious character is demanding Optus pay US$1 million (A$1.5 million) in cryptocurrency (within a week) otherwise they will leak sensitive information about millions of Australians that they claim to have obtained in a sophisticated hack.

The cyber criminal wants the payment to be made in Monero, a decentralised cryptocurrency, making it hard to track down the identity of the recipient.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/optus-data-breach-hacker-demands-15-million-ransom-customer-info-leaked-on-dark-web/news-story/d9877fe037a04970225af2eafec6d686

More developments in the Opdat datbreach

1 Like

It was very alarming on Friday that the ACCCs response was essentially too bad, this is normal these days with clearly no intent to actually take any action against Optus.