Tech Talk

Earth recorded its shortest day on Friday, but the effect of correcting clocks to compensate could have a ‘devastating effect’ on IT systems.

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Isn’t Google supposed to verify apps to make sure they are safe before they appear in the Google Play store?

3 Likes

Picked up a 4 pack of airtags today from the Brisbane apple store to help track my luggage when i go to london in 3 weeks.

Stocks are extemely limited as many people are using them for this – when i said to the sales associate i wanted 4 airtags the firs question she asked me was “where ae you going?”

they had 3 4 packs left and no single packs of airtags and i got the last pack of the belikin keyring holder 4 pack.

2 Likes

How long has Sonos been doing its own music streaming service?

1 Like

Looks like it’s for United States though.
Not sure if it’s available here.
Lossless also looks like it’s only available for their unique content only (bespoke artists).

right now Samsung unpacked in happening
the all-new galaxy fold4
Out of the box, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 ships with Android 12 with One UI 4.1 on top — Samsung’s latest proprietary skin. The biggest software addition is the bottom toolbar, which gives quick access to apps of your choosing, much like a laptop.

Samsung will deliver four Android upgrades to the Galaxy Z Fold 4. That means it will see Android 13 before the end of 2022, Android 14 (supposedly) in 2023, Android 15 after that, and then finally receive Android 16 as its final upgrade.

edit looking at jb hi-fi website to buy the fold4 outright is $2499

4 Likes

“Massive” Optus outage in SEQ this morning.

2 Likes

According to the service status page on Optus website, mobile and internet services have now returned to normal on the Gold Coast.

3 Likes

Apple may bring back the battery percentage to certain models on iOS 16.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise Apple had removed the battery percentage from iPhones (I have an Android phone, but i do have an iPad that still shows battery percentage).

I don’t see how removing that was ever a good idea (though you can turn it back on in some cases i believe).

You now can only see it if you pull down the control centre.

2 Likes

It’s apparently coming back on iOS 16…

4 Likes
1 Like

In more Apple news,

India follows the EU’s footsteps on USB-C:

We may have new chips being manufactured soon:

2 Likes

Trying so hard to hold out for the M2 Pro chips :fire:

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for an M2 Mac Mini. I’ve got a late 2012 model on it’s last legs.

4 Likes

Has anyone talked about Android 13 in the thread.