Tech Talk

Agree. Not worth the price. Can get an iPhone 11 for a similar price.
I’d be interested to see battery life on the new SE though. the A15 is super efficient so it should have a nice boost.

I’m so tempted by the Mac Studio (but obviously not with the M1 Ultra). Looks amazing. I’m holding off until AMD Zen 4 CPUs are announced later this year before I decide what my next build (or purchase) will be. I’ve had my current PC for almost 4 years now.

To be fair though, some people still prefer the home button - may as well keep the home button people happy with an updated phone :man_shrugging:

Also - definitely getting the new iPad Air, myself

1 Like

I was hoping for a bump in the Mac Minis to match the Macbook Pros, not an insanely priced alternative

2 Likes

Bit late for most

Apple iOS 15.4: How to use Face ID while wearing a mask

2 Likes

Apparently an updated Mac Mini with M1 Pro is coming later this year. Should fill that gap between the Mac Mini and Mac Studio

writes down another reason on why I should switch to Linux :roll_eyes:

1 Like

does anyone even use Linux anymore outside of servers and tech?

2 Likes

I’ve often installed it and used it for a while as my main OS at times, there’s so many different distros these days and they’re pretty easy to use compared to the many tweaks and the amount of knowledge needed in the past and with so many apps now web based it could easily become a more popular contender if Windows did piss too many people off.

1 Like

I feel like Apple has scooped up anyone who hated windows and wanted a very easy to use OS without major issues.

Except compared to Windows, there’s fewer programs available for MacOS.

In what way? Apart from gaming most things work on OS.

Speaking of Starlink…

2 Likes

I’d rate Linux over Windows these days and I was a Mac user for years. The cost for the hardware is just too much I think and the experience isn’t worth it like it used to be. I used to have the iMac and iPhone and iPad etc… but now have switched completely away and save so much more and can customise more which as a tech is quite useful.

1 Like

Agreed. I have a MacBook but there are programs I used on Windows that either don’t have a Mac port nor are there any alternatives to those programs on Mac.

1 Like

and the ones that are available are worse - my VPN provider that i use a few times a week has a linux version but it is a command line. the windows version has a map and i click which server on the map i want to connect to. so much easier

1 Like

Express VPN works very well cross platform

I was using Express VPN with Philo tv and it was terrible.

Reports that Russian troops looting AirPods, iPhones, and MacBooks etc from Ukrainians seem to have forgotten that these things can be tracked.

If true it is an interesting was to track the Russian army.

It is remission of several instances in the past of “secret” based etc being located and mapped using tracking technology like this. Tracking Fitbits for example, showing daily exercise routines of guards at facilities.

3 Likes

Mozilla Firefox released its 100th version this week.

After I updated to the 100th version tonight and relaunched the browser, I got this little message:

5 Likes