TalkTV

I was wondering this.

I feel they must get a clean version

The TalkTV L3s and banners would look completely out of place on Sky

I have to imagine it will be clean - and they get a automated list of GfX text and add in their look in the 12 hours they have to prepare it

I think they will Sky-ify it - graphically

1 Like

Agree. Guess we’ll find out tonight.

I reckon they’ll keep the L3 banners but have it clean and have to have adjusted Sky GFX where TalkTV’s is.

The similarities probably end at Sharon being on a panel like show and the obvious one with the name - which they can probably get away with given the station name and that it’s in the UK.

Graphics all look too cohesive between the shows, and they look like early 2000’s from an American affiliate channel or something.

Some of those OTS and supers look they’re form a movie, sorta hard to take seriously.

As well designed as they are, not a fan of the chroma keys. They spent big on a set just for Pierce and then cheaped out on the rest?

1 Like

I’m surprised by how much inspiration Talk TV has taken from Fox News from the virtually identical lower-thirds to some of the graphical elements (eg; the OTT transitions). Would have thought the channel would have wanted to have its own unique look.

Here’s the intro to Piers’ program which is essentially a shopping list of his pet hates:

1 Like

I’ve had it on in the background for about an hour - I’m not really a fan of the radio on TV format (its very much produced as a radio program with pictures), but they seem to do it reasonably well (helps that they’ve taken TalkRadio’s streaming service and wrapped a slick presentation around most of it)

You have to wonder how closely Nine is watching this and if they’ll attempt to utilise their radio, print and television assets in a similar fashion in the future.

3 Likes

What’s with the poor grammar “got bigger”. Surely Piers could phrase things a little more grammatically correct.

1 Like

It only averaged 316.000 viewers so I wouldn’t say it’s an explosive premiere. But news channel ratings aren’t huge usually.

As seen on Sky News regional

1 Like

They blur the talk tv exclusive strap in the trump interview.

Not to mention that GB News outrated the programs that came before and after Piers’ program.

The former GMB host launched his daily show with an extended interview with former US president Donald Trump to an audience of 317,000; well ahead (20%) of the 260,000 who watched Andrew Neil launch GB News in an 8pm slot on Sunday 13 June.

The programme was not far behind Channel 4 Dispatches: Inside The Metaverse , which aired over 30-minutes from 8pm to 420,000 (2.7%). It could not match the 510,000 (3.2%) who tuned into BBC4’s World Championship Snooker coverage but was comfortably ahead of an edition of QI on Dave (213,000 / 1.5%), a More 4 repeat of Escape to the Chateau (80,000 / 0.5%) and BBC3’s 8.30pm format Stitch Please! (20,000 / 0.1%)

The majority of Morgan’s audience (54%) was aged 65-plus, according to Barb data provided by overnights.tv.

Uncensored was followed across the 9pm hour by The Talk , which featured Sharon Osborne and Jeremy Kyle, and aired to an average of 44,000 (0.3%)

Morgan tweeted his 9pm show was watched by 5 times more than the 7pm Farage show on GB News

That’s quite a drop off for the launch of Sharon’s show which followed Pierce, I would’ve thought there might’ve been some flow in effect but clearly not.

Surprised by some of the ratings provided above, they all seem quite low. Especially BBC3 ‘s programming, only 20k viewers?

I don’t think bbc3 is a success. It comes off pretty try hard. That demo is over on streaming platforms. Not The beeb

huge drop. 300k or so to 50k.

its not the right show for primetime. felt very daytime and light.

for some reason British TV does not do accelerated flow. open show does not flow seamlessly into the next. they end a show. host says goodbye. credits. break. commercials. ident. next show. it kills any flow. Piers should just throw right to the next show and throw right to Sharon on set. That break should be removed.

Piers hasn’t been live so that would be difficult

The News Desk got 43,000 for its Boris interview then Piers 215,000 and The Talk only 19,000. The Talk isn’t sustainable like that. It needs to be on earlier in the day IMO.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize it wasn’t live. Makes sense.
Still no reason the show cant flow directly into the talk without the 4 minute comercial break

“I’m peirs Morgan thanks for watching. Now here’s Sharon with the talk”

Opening titles play

The Talk is all wrong. She’s not good on it and it feels like an 11am show.

I could see it going to 4 or 5pm

9pm they are gonna have to come up with something new

1 Like