TalkTV

It’s just a promo loop filling the channel until it launches.

3 Likes

Strange that Talk TV a Murdoch/NewsCorp product is available to stream on Amazon Fire TV stick yet Binge, Kayo and Flash are not available to view on Amazon Fire TV in Australia.

1 Like

Now this is finally coming to fruition… I guess, with the branding always having been tied with TalkRadio and giving Piers Morgan a platform… the last thing News UK can be accused of is running a news station, rather than an extension of TalkRadio’s news/talk/opinion format.

We know that suits them and to be honest, even if the core of TalkTV is just four hours of live content, just broadcasting TalkRadio daytime the rest of the day (with better sets to suit TV if they don’t already do that already with their streaming) seems more natural to me than a rolling news format that then cuts into prime-time opinion, unlike Sky News AU or pretty much most US domestic news channels.

The look for it (going by the vid of the channel-space filler) is certainly uninspiring though…

2 Likes

Prior to his return to television, Piers Morgan returned to the ITV network for a interview with Lorraine promoting his new show debuting on Monday; one year after storming off the set of Good Morning Britain.

I did watched the interview live and in my remarks, he hasn’t really changed himself, clashing at Lorraine in a 15+ minute interview. And of course, he stormed off just like last year. Smh.

1 Like

Did you even watch?

They didn’t clash at all, in fact it was pretty timid. You can see, and they discuss this, that they’re good friends off camera. I think she could’ve pressed him a bit more personally, but it was just a big promo for his new show really.

He jokingly stormed off at the end when encouraged by Lorraine.

5 Likes

Big sync issues which were fixed after the opener

It’s slick AF

Completely american and Fox like

It’s produced so tightly. Moves so fast. Keeps you leaning in.

It’s like nothing else on British TV

The american influence is massive

2 Likes

Four minutes in and Piers Morgan’s show is coming across as very gimmicky with stupid sound effects and graphics cutaways.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

How do we watch?

1 Like

1 Like

7pm was on YouTube. I think its geoblocked for Piers.

Also via their app on iTunes storer and apple tv

2 Likes

YouTube livestream

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

The logo looks similar to the old blue and yellow “ten” logo and this graphic looks like it could have been nicked from the old Ten News:

6 Likes

So is The Talk, a British version of the show Sharon Osborne did in America? Or are they just using the same title for a different show?

4 Likes

It’s a much more newsy less female skewed show with the same name, it seems based on The Five from Fox News a bit

Wonder if the Sky News version of Morgan will have Sky’s lower thirds or the talk tv version.

It’s obviously modelled on Fox News, but it’s almost slicker.