Talking Footy

It’s probably because Darcy is no longer on the program, but yeah didn’t work anywhere near as well without it.

I also think Darce should just host it again, I feel JB isn’t as suited to this show, better at calling matches and more intentional comedy like The Footy Show.

2 Likes

Seven must have been happy with the performance of Talking Footy in NRL markets with the show moved to the earlier time straight after The Front Bar next week - same as AFL markets.

4 Likes

It’s appears the AFL’s strategy of focusing on the NSW and QLD markets appears to be paying off.

1 Like

V’landys won’t be too happy with that news.

1 Like

He should be annoyed.

Last nights AFL opener was way more exciting and entertaining than anything that happened in Las Vegas last weekend.

Its an interesting move. I cant say I’ve ever seen this work before. But I expect we might see more of this with Seven and Nine in the future.

There was a lot of criticism, mainly from Victoria, directed at new AFL CEO Andrew Dillon and pressure following this year’s different fixture (split “Opening Round” with the first “Round 0” based outside Melbourne and so many byes), as well as what NRL managed to do with the hype of ‘Vegas’.

However, it seems going off last night and what happened in Las Vegas last weekend (and the unfortunate public release of USA TV ratings) that Dillon and the AFL House executive as well as Seven, Foxtel and Telstra would probably be really happy right about now.

Let’s see tonight and tomorrow first though.

Criticism from Melbourne*, not Victoria. No one in Geelong really has a problem with it.

Trent Cotchin is special guest on The Front Bar tonight. He’s wearing the same jacket for the recording of Talking Footy.

I like how they said Cotchin has to leave now to get ready for talking footy after the Front bar when it’s probably not live. There is no way they are doing this live at 10pm or after

Why does my epg say Talking Footy, but it’s actually The Front Bar on?

Front Bar ran long?

3 Likes

Guess so. My Fetch box shows Talking Footy 9:30pm to 10:30pm. It’s currently 9:50pm.

Thats quite a run over. I guess Idol ran over too.

Do you mean The 1% Club? It finished at 8.40pm.

Needs more couches, even if Fox Footy stole that schtick 22 years ago.

Seven’s official lineup tonight below. Their schedules have been running very late on some nights recently. It has been discussed and seen as a ratings tactic. The 1% Club is only a one hour show (with ads).

07:30 PM The 1% Club S02 E07
08:30 PM The Front Bar
09:30 PM Talking Footy
10:30 PM Crime Investigation Australia Rpt

2 Likes

Because for whatever reason, front bar is a 90-minute-ish program, yet Seven programmers keep listing it as a 60-minute program.

2 Likes

In Brisbane 1% ran until 8:40pm and Front Bar until 9:55pm. Any ratings number for Talking Footy will be suspect.

2 Likes

Out of interest did they advertise this show as “new”? I didn’t see the ads

Was mainly advertised with the AFL season launch promos.