Talking Footy

:joy:

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1770383806413045994?t=TfBDr_JNNuWVV7s-tJD_lA&s=19

Also copping a lot of general flack online tonight.

Unless ratings significantly improve or sponsors are making back the costs… Can’t see it hanging around long. Why not Tuesday in a later timeslot (away from Nine’s Footy Classifides) or back to a m/c like 7mate Sunday or Monday nights?

1 Like

Like the original show for most of it’s run, could also bring back the old theme.

1 Like

It has been beating FC so far

2 Likes

I’d thank Front Bar’s over-runs for that. Wonder what it has really been rating.

And outside Melbourne, all the footy shows across TV seem to do poorly, except Front Bar (and partially Sports Sunday > Wide World of Sports if you include that).

1 Like

Poor production this evening. The Say That Again was just not funny. When they showed the Latrell Mitchell swearing clip, there was no sound at all, so you did not appreciate the excessive swearing.

2 Likes

It’s not even funny anymore especially after the Luke Darcy part (which added dramatic effect) was cut out.

2 Likes

Kane Cornes from the Sunday Footy Show ripped into Talking Footy today!!

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1771693606190948384

3 Likes

Very cleaver

Tigers great Matthew Richardson posted on Twitter last night regarding Kane Cornes’ dig:

Taking the piss out of 2 AFL premiership captains. Bar getting lower and lower.

Cornes responded this morning on SEN, telling Richardson to lighten up (per Herald Sun):

We have fun on the Sunday Football Show. We take the mickey out of ourselves more than we take the mickey out of anyone else. I think Richo’s being a little bit sensitive there.

If you watch the Front Bar on Channel 7, their whole show is taking the mickey out of people. So I was hoping it would be taken in the right way and 98 per cent of people I think thought it was OK.

2 Likes

Wow complete overreaction from Richo there, even if you admire his network loyalty and passion for his club.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but is Talking Footy coming from Adelaide tonight?

1 Like

No, it is still coming from Melbourne tonight.

Mitch Cleary however is in Adelaide covering the Gather Round.

2 Likes

Socials

3 Likes

Couldn’t of they done it out of the Adelaide studio, especially since they can do it from the Melbourne news studio.

Why, what’s the point?

1 Like

Gather Round? If Nine can do The Footy Show from Adelaide, along with their Gather Round Spectacular, then surely Seven can do Talking Footy from Adelaide

Did Nine send the Footy Classified team over there?

Classified is being presented from Melbourne with Eddie in Adelaide.

2 Likes
2 Likes