Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

*Assumption

Saw a promo for this tonight while channel surfing. The content looked similar to what the show was first time around but I think voiceover was awful. He made sound like a dramatic reality show rather than a fun game show.

Come out of the closet, JBar. You were watching MAFS!

8 Likes

I did catch a bit of it before the advert started. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Promo posted on Wednesday just popped up on my FB timeline. I hope the show is successful.

7 Likes

It makes Show Me The Movie look really bad/cheap in comparison.

No doubt it is!

How come Ten didn’t get this show back or was it before CBS took ownership. Would have been great to have it back on Ten.

3 Likes

Shaun and the creative team pitched it to Ten last year but they didn’t want it.

4 Likes

I’d guess they couldn’t get at at the time.

Which is weird cause Show me the Movie is being rolled out pretty fast after filming.

I can’t get over the studio placement being flipped from the previous one. It works for HYBPA cause its directly opposite the host but usually the eye doesn’t train that way.

I guess it might also be psychological as people naturally read/look at things from L-R, placing the host on the RHS may draw more attention to them. It does seem weird for TAYG considering the old layout, but who knows.

Shaun Micallef on Mad as Hell on ABC complimenting Channel 9 on their excellent programs.

8 Likes

Before roasting Nine News Queensland :joy::joy:

1 Like

Nine has “supersized” the new series. When it was on Ten ran in a one hour slot, but the new episodes are timed at approx 56 minutes without ads. Not sure what that means for scheduling - possibly 1hr 15mins?

2 Likes

Means a shit time for Nine if viewers decide it’s not worth watching for near 90 minutes.

3 Likes

Surprised to see Dave Hughes as a guest on the show.

Given this episode was filmed way back on October 8th (I attended this episode), Hughesy was still on the Nine payroll at that stage and had made no public declaration of his intent to head back to Ten. It’s a shame it’s taken so long for the episodes to make it to air - the comedy will feel a bit dated I think.

6 Likes

It’s a 7-9pm show. Nine succeeded launching Marriefd At First Sight at the start of 2018. There was no room for this. Their strategy of launching it after Voice blinds will work.

1 Like

Nine have this terrible obsession with making shows 90+ minutes. They did it go Big Brother - 90mins a night.
Its one way to tire your audience. If something ain’t broke, then leave it alone. Why make this show 2 hours?!

3 Likes