Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

Being revived on Nine after a 5 year absence.

10 Likes

An outstanding show. Love it. Glad it’s coming back. But, one of the things that made it great was the chemistry between Shaun and all of the team captains.

The article says the revival will be on Nine due to the efforts of ITV Studios Australia boss David Mott, who worked at Nine Perth after leaving Ten.
I won’t be watching it.

Why not?

3 Likes

Glad that Shaun is hosting it, although I wouldn’t have believed he’d come back to Nine after what happened to him back in '03. Different management I suppose.

Also lol at David Knox trying to suggest that it was TV Tonight which got the show revived. He has posted articles about every revival rumour for a well-regarded Aussie TV show at some stage over the past 10 years so I don’t know what point he’s trying to make.

5 Likes

Charlie Pickering & Josh Thomas could return (as they’re not contracted to rivals Seven or Ten)?

Amanda Kellar… Sadly not.

A shame Ten didn’t grab this again :frowning:

1 Like

I hope this works out for Nine, and I think it will. Ideally all the team captains will come on board as well.

Ten should let Amanda do it as well. Cross promotion of stars is a good thing.

1 Like

It’ll be very interesting to see how the return of Talkin’ 'Bout Your Generation goes for Nine. Depending on what night/timeslot the show airs in, I think it could rate OK.

Unless she’s contracted to appear exclusively on Network Ten, I wouldn’t entirely rule out the possibility of Amanda Keller being in a Julia Morris-type scenario (appearing on both Nine and Ten) at some point. I daresay WSFM here in Sydney probably wouldn’t mind that happening either, more exposure for one of their breakfast co-presenters!

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if Nine wanted talent from other networks on their shiny new copy. More likely they would want to parachute their own talent into the team captain spots.

3 Likes

Hope it doesn’t have Karl Stefanovic, Lisa Wilkinson , Richard Wilkins on it. Perhaps Shelley Craft will take up Amanda Keller’s spot?

Lisa Wilkinson probably wouldn’t be too bad but yeah…I wouldn’t really like to see Nine personalities like Karl Stefanovic, Richard Wilkins, Scott Cam or Shelley Craft on the show.

1 Like

I think the team captains need to be professional comedians (not people who think they are) so that would exclude the breakfast talent and certain Footy Show hosts; however they might be an occasional team member. Julia Morris might be OK but potentially might overshadow Shaun.

4 Likes

I imagine after doing breakfast radio 5 days a week and taping The Living Room she might not have the desire to do another show :wink:

1 Like

The last season on ten the figures softened dramatically as they shunted it all over the schedule.

Well nine seem to love Julia Morris, Dave Hughes and Hamish & Andy so they will probably be names thrown around.

7 Likes

Kitty Flanagan , Celia Pacquola , Dave Hughes , Tom Ballard, Tom Gleeson, Wil Anderson? , Judith Lucy … any of these?

I imagine most of those people would prefer to be on HYBPA?

Micallef works for the ABC…

No he doesn’t, he works for ITV Studios.

1 Like