Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

That set looks awful.

7 Likes

The Nine 2018 promo features snippits from the new TAYG. The new set certainly looks very playful, perhaps a little too childish for my taste (definitely fits Shaunā€™s playful personality) but will reserve judgment until seeing it in full action. So glad they were able to nail Shaun down, or the show wouldnā€™t have mad much of a chance.

https://twitter.com/Channel9/status/924554250537009152

2 Likes

Is that their way of prematurely claiming they are number one?

Oh dear lord. Looks so bad! I also think Gen Z at the expense of Baby Boomers is the worst fucking idea ever.

3 Likes

I take back any enthusiasm I had for this show. This will be a trainwreck.

3 Likes

Shaun couldnā€™t even be bothered to shave for this one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It looks awful. What a shame.

1 Like

The set looks like something from the 90s. Is that what they are going for? Also isnā€™t there some rule about left to right in staging? The host is usually on the left.

3 Likes

Looking forward to Still the One returning as the network theme. :smiley:

You might be waiting a whileā€¦

Iā€™ve seen it, itā€™s very good. The cast are great and so is Shaun. Set is fine.

7 Likes

Quite strange how they didnā€™t keep the original positioning.

I was in one of the audiences and the set looked good in person. But yeah, the first thing I noticed was the ā€˜Z Y Xā€™ arrangement which seemed a bit weird.

1 Like

You are 100% correct. When I was in the audience Gen Z were absolutely terrible. No disrespect to Laurence Boxhall - who seemed like a nice young lad - but he just seemed well and truly out of his depth.

Plus the reworked theme song sucks big time.

3 Likes

I went to a recording recently also and the set it fine, Shaun was great and both X and Y were enjoyable Z lacked any depth there was little to no banter between the teams and Shaun (i.e. I missed the old days of Josh and Shaun bantering between the two of them) though Robyn and Shaun did seem to have a bit of a connection.

Dropping the Baby Boomers was a very big mistake.

2 Likes

TAYG-500x281

4 Likes

Sounds like this will be a ratings flop in 2018 for Nine! Its a shame shows like this canā€™t just be remembered for the great shows they wereā€¦its been doneā€¦ let it rest in peace!

Im not so sure it will be.

We havenā€™t even seen a proper sneak peek let alone the first episode and youā€™re already calling it a flop?

Iā€™ll admit, I too am a bit unsure, but will reserve proper judgment for next year. We canā€™t call it a ratings flop with no solid information yet.

1 Like

Mate like everyone else on this forum worldā€¦its my assimption. Who knows whatā€™ll happen :+1: