Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

and the new logo looks awful

Are 9 going to do to this what they did to big brotherā€¦ ruin another franchise by cheapening it.

11 Likes

Iā€™m hoping given they still have Shaun the show is still fun!
Iā€™m heading to the taping on the 21st October.
They should have kept Baby Boomers and potentially added the fourth in Gen Z.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the format back with Shaun and with Robyn. Donā€™t like hearing that theyā€™ve screwed around with the teams, but will give it a go.

Keeping Shaun was vital. Without him thereā€™s no TAYG.

Shaun said to the audience originally he was going to just help the producers find the new captains and host. But he said he liked working with Robyn, Andy and Laurence that he decided to host again.

He also said this was pitched to Channel Ten first but they rejected it/werenā€™t able to do it.

6 Likes

When it was taken off ten a few years ago it had dramtatcily reduced in ratings from its original lofty heights.

1 Like

The ratings only suffered when they started moving the show around to different nights and timeslots.

Tuesday 7:30pm was where it worked best, but they moved it Sunday 7:30pm, then Wednesday 8:30pm and then 8pm at one point.

I really enjoyed back then but I donā€™t know now because nine has a bad track record.

Iā€™ll give it a go because of Micallef and his style.

2 Likes

If it flops under Nine, it would be great if CBS-owned Ten picked it back up. But if it does flop, it certainly wonā€™t encourage anyone to pick it up again.

Just remember this was voted Number 6 on the list of TENā€™s best shows ever, during their 50th Anniversary. I feel Nine will stuff this up.

6 Likes

Quite right. Once it flopped on Seven, ā€œThank God Youā€™re Hereā€ was gone for good.

1 Like

I might be nice to see Ten bring that one back as well. Perhaps one good way to win back viewers is to bring back one or two 2000s classic gameshows, bring them in with the nostalgia factor alongside new programming.

What ratings was it flopping at on Seven?

Far cry compared to today Iā€™m sure.

Nah. You donā€™t have to keep recycling everything. Move on.

2 Likes

Bring back Hey Hey Itā€™s Saturday and Burkes Backyard!

4 Likes

Yes maybe bring back So You Think You Can dance or young talent time too, Ten is amazing at reviving shows!

1 Like

Only show Ten needs back is probably Big Brother.

2 Likes

TouchƩ

2 Likes

Bring back Donā€™t Forget Your Toothbrush!

5 Likes

t

ZYX are they serious??

2 Likes