Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

The pool of celebs available for Gen Z is so low, that the guests are basically unknowns to the average viewer.

I think the Baby Boomers would have worked even better on this version because they are now even older than they were originally. A wasted opportunity I think.

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing Jayden Hunt. He is a great guy and has a pretty good sense of humour.

They use different fonts from the previous version several years ago.

2 Likes

For the game titles? Obviously…

Everything visual is completely new. There are classic games and sound effects that have been ported over, but also with a mix of new ones.

It’s funny how Shaun keeps forgetting and naturally says Zed or Gen Zed, rather than Zee as they have insisted on calling it.

1 Like

Zed is what it is in Australia.
Zee is the American English pronunciation.
Should have stuck with Baby Boomers, bloody hard to get that wrong!

2 Likes

I did enjoy Shaun’s desk calamity

And this is why we don’t have Baby Boomers anymore…

Aha! A clue Sherlock! Perhaps this is the real reason… :joy:

Monday 4 June at 7.30pm

It’s on for young and older as our team caps enlist the help of TV celebrities Sonia Kruger, Hamish Blake and actor Molly Daniels on Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation.

1 Like

It’s a shame this show isn’t rating higher…It had me in fits of laughter again last night.

4 Likes

Is Sonia Kruger really that thick? Not knowing how buzzing in works among other stuff?! If so, god…! But the other 90% of the show was still very entertaining.

“Beat the Boomer” opens then up to do a full cast reunion special. Since Boomers aren’t competing anymore, use Amanda as the subject Boomer, with Charlie and Josh as guests on their respective teams. Then find somebody famous that people actually know as the Gen Z guest.

1 Like

It’s a shame it’s so scripted. the whole sending all the teams out the back did not seem spontaneous to me and Hamish took over the whole ep as expected. There was so much dithering with those two, they hardly played any games. Gen Z barely got a look in. Also didn’t realize the girl from Ronny Cheing was Robyn’s daughter.

The pacing seems way too slow and you can tell Shaun is under-rehearsed for this compared with when he appeared on Ten.

I also think none of the team captains are providing enough knowledge for any of the questions. This was something Charlie and to a lesser extent Amanda excelled at back in the day.

2 Likes

I’m timed one of the shows and it was 8 minutes before Shaun got to the questions after very long intro for guests. No wonder it’s 1hr 15.

1 Like

Last night they only got through one single question before the ad break if I recall correctly. I love some of Shaun’s antics, but there is just too much of it.

He fic drag everything out a bit too long.

Also I was recording it off the EPG and it cut out before the winner was announced. So who actually won?

Hamish & Andy won with their statue.

And allegedly toxic paint on Andy’s face

1 Like

3 Likes

Monday 11 June

In this week’s generational battle royale on Monday, June 11, at 7.30pm on Nine, our team captains are joined by their families – and together by choice or blood, these dynamic duos use secret languages, bizarre family traditions and toddler-like tantrums to fluke their way to victory (or far from it).

Robyn Butler’s husband Wayne Hope, Andy Lee’s sister Alex Miles and Laurence Boxhall’s mother Eve Boxhall bond together for a special “Family Show” on Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation. Will old sibling rivalries be their undoing or will they wibble-wobble their way to glory?

Our all-mighty host, Shaun Micallef, holds childhood toys hostage and takes the contestants on a journey through history, pop culture and into their iPhones to discover which generation is the greatest that ever lived and which should be forgotten in the depths of the internet.

Watch as Robyn samples fine Japanese cuisine in an unconventional way, Shaun shows off his keyboard skills, and a seemingly innocent pair cheat their way to near victory.