Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

Stunts already? Couldn’t they do a few more ordinary guests first, so the teams actually have players from their actual generation?

5 Likes

Ooh, Wayne and Shaun back together again!

1 Like

As I said when it was first announced there are very limited guests who can fit the Gen Z profile. It was stupid to have them involved at the cost of the Baby Boomers.

2 Likes

How come Molly Daniels has a different last name to her parents, and also how come her parents have different surnames ? Ok I assume her parents didn’t want to change their last name?but how come the daughter has a different last name if she isn’t married… confusing ! ?

It’s just a stage name, plenty of people use them.

Molly Hope (which I assume is the name in her passport) sounds a bit wishy washy and she might want to have her own identity rather than people immediately associating her with her parents.

2 Likes

Probably but then thwarted it when she went on a celebrity game show with her mum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So Robyn Butler must be a "stage name " too or she didn’t change surname when they got married?

Yah, and certainly not the first time she’s been happy to use their contacts to get jobs looking at her IMDB page.

I don’t know, you’ll have to check her birth certificate!

It could be both, she might have taken her husband’s surname when they married but decided to keep using her maiden name for work, or she might just use her maiden name for everything.

1 Like

Many women don’t take their husband’s surname these days.

There’s an interview with Robyn Butler on YouTube dated 2015. She says she has been married to Wayne for 15 years and she was a single mum with a two year old daughter when she met him.

Molly is her daughter from her first marriage. They also have a daughter Emily together.

5 Likes

just watching the current episode that i recorded i must say its the most stupid episode i have ever watched and after watching this wont be watching again

and how does it go against have you been paying attention?

I think if there was more time spent on answering questions it would be more interesting.

2 Likes

The one from last week? I suspect it was the first they recorded - two network faces and the daughter of another contestant, Shaun off-form and unrehearsed and they seemed to be trying very hard to manufacture laughs rather than letting the format work like it usually would.

3 Likes

MONDAY 25 JUNE AT 7.30PM

This week actor Claudia Karvan, comedian Rhys Nicholson and actor Liv Hewson will join our team captains. The battle between the generations will be intense, with one team member transformed into a Middle Eastern delicacy.

I am not sure why this is not rating. It has me laughing throughout the whole episode.

1 Like

I don’t believe its a format suited to the Nine brand. It belongs on Ten or the ABC. Nine and Seven rarely do these types of shows well.

1 Like

Last night’s episode was actually funnier. Probably because they got on with playing the game rather than continue to go off on a tangent. But something is still lacking.

2 Likes

I had to google who that was . Only time I recognised who Gen Z was was when Molly and that girl off Puberty Blues was on.

Gonna get hard to keep finding Gen Z actors isn’t it ?

Given the episodes are being shown out of order I think there is going to be some inconsistencies in the quality of the show and the chemistry of the cast that will build over the duration of the season.

The episode that I was in the audience for hasn’t aired yet and I recall it being very entertaining. Looking forward to seeing how it was edited. It was nearly a 4 hour shoot too!