Sydney vs Melbourne rivalry

I did laugh at that! Haha but they are actually different recipes

1 Like

Itā€™s rock melon out West

No, but itā€™s the new groove in your neighbourhood, but it doesnā€™t taste so good to me.

Yeah whatā€™s with Victoriaā€™s inferior biscuits?

Sydney is now among the top 10 most expensive cities in the world, up from 14th place last year.

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I suspect theyā€™ll find a way to bugger up the incentives to get us out west.

Iā€™ve just moved to Melbourne and back from a holiday to Sydney. How do you all put up with the extra slow broadband speed? Not even Adelaide is that slow.

Are you sure youā€™re not just unlucky? Broadband speed varies, even between neighbours on the same street.

3 Likes

I know someone else who moved from adelaide that said the same thing.

wow antidotal evidence, the best kind!

4 Likes

I live in Sydney and my internet speeds at home are fantastic.

But at the same time, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s areas of the metropolitan area where they absolutely suck.

I know itā€™s just anacdotal evidence, but I swear it was spelt anacdotal.

1 Like

anecdotal

1 Like

I antidote on everything! :stuck_out_tongue:

My bus was late. Therefore, all buses in this city are always late. My friend from another city agrees.

5 Likes

Yep, what he said.

1 Like

Not sure how that relates. Just comparing internet speed from one city to the other. Iā€™ve heard it from many people. Someone on the project even mentioned how slow internet speed wasā€¦

Maybe you both havenā€™t experienced fast internet speed.

My point was the whole country suffers with inconstant internet speeds, even with the NBN, and itā€™s just random luck if you get a fast or slow connection.

2 Likes

So your point didnā€™t have anything to do with buses?

And if you read my initial post I asked how do people deal with slow internet speeds in Melbourne and Sydney? Perhaps because Adelaide is smaller there are faster connections? I think my question was valid and didnā€™t need the post suggesting it was idioticā€¦

I was comparing buses with the internet. Buses are randomly late everywhere just like internet is randomly slow everywhere.

Your original post didnā€™t come across as you asking for advice. It came across as Sydney and Melbourne are slower than Adelaide because of your experiences. Iā€™m simply saying that itā€™s not true because Telstraā€™s network is broken everywhere and the NBNā€™s flawed FTTN technology still leaves problem areas. If anything the Sydney and Melbourne areas have access to HFC so the chances of getting slow internet would be less.

3 Likes