Survivor (US)

Yeah good point. Had Aubry won then kept Neal and removed Julia… it would have been only a 1 vote difference between them.

They did talk to Jason and Scot briefly… but yeah Sia coming on stage, Drew Carey and talking to Cydney’s mum wasted a good 15 minutes that could have been spent on other contestants. Even earlier boots like Alecia who was bullied by the Brawns I would have liked to have heard from. The fact that Caleb was the only one they really spoke to about the medical thing really just highlighted how much CBS are obsessed with him. You can guarantee Caleb will be back… and as soon as season 34 if the rumours are true.

For two of the most obnoxious people to play the game, I thought that Jayscot got off pretty easy. I would have liked to see flashbacks to their bullying, cockiness and/or tantrums, and hear them comment and the audience react.

Yeah agree. We used to hear alot from her in confessionals (and really have since the beginning of the season) even though she wasn’t a natural narrator, and wasn’t featuring heavily in the actual storyline.

I think it’s more like 35-50 isn’t it? Gen X? Maybe even younger than that.

I’ve noticed the show/Jeff likes to hide obnoxious people nowadays - gone are the days of someone like Russell being paraded as a Survivior ‘fan favourite’.

Every reunion show feels rushed. I don’t know why they just don’t extend it by at least another ten minutes so more time can be spent discussing events of the season with the contestants. Instead we get five minutes of a pointless chat with Drew Carey just to promote The Price is Right. Does anyone know where you can find out who voted for who to win at the final tribal?

1 Like

I’m happy with that result. Aubry probably did more to deserve it, but Michele was hanging by a thread for a fair while and played a good game to get through, cutting her closest ally Julia when she had to, winning immunity when she most needed it, and after the last challenge booting the right guy off the jury. I’m just glad the jury wasn’t sucked in by Tai’s speech at the end. It was a good season with twists and blindsides all the way through.

I just looked up and apparently Aubry’s two votes were from Joe and Nick. Every other vote went to Michele.

1 Like

Yeah, it had to be 5-2 or Jeff would have read them differently. The only mystery was the other vote for Aubry. So it turned out that the jury vote-off probably made no difference. Tai got zilch after seeming to be a big threat for most of the season.

Well had Aubry won it could have come down to only 1 vote difference. E.g. If Aubry kept Neal but removed Julia, thats one less vote for Michelle and one more for Aubry. Would have made it a 4-3. It’s also possible Neal could have done more to sway the jury. Even without the twist it would have been a closer vote at 5-3. So it wasn’t really a landslide.

I am surprised though that Debbie didn’t vote for Aubry. I know Aubry turned on her but she doesn’t seem like the type of person to hold a grudge.

Yes, it would have made a big difference if Aubry had won the jury vote-off challenge. I meant that with the full jury the result probably would have been the same.

CBS has announced the next season will start in the US on Wednesday, September 21. Expect it to be fasttracked on 9Go! on Thursday nights from September 22. If Ten is showing Australian Survivor during this period however, we may see Survivor (one version or another) up to five nights a week.

Recent post from CBS

Survivor treats fans to a new generational theme

Survivor returns with a new theme—“Millennials vs. Gen X”—where 20 castaways will be separated into two groups by their generation and forced to compete against each other with the same ultimate goal: to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other.

Though we already new this.

Damn still over a month away. I still think this is one of the worst season titles that we’ve had but the casting looks pretty solid with a lot of unique characters. Jeff Probst has said that the location this season is filmed in in Fiji is his favourite to date.

1 Like

JohnsonTV:

Nine have Survivor in a promo with The Block, Married at First Sight, and Killer on the Line. Will it now be back on the main channel??

If it is on 9 it still better be fast tracked on Thursdays. They’ve been doing it for so long that we’ve come to expect it. Maybe there is a spot for it in the schedule 8.30pm Thursdays when the footy show finishes up a week after it begins.

Also it’s a bit ironic if they do bring it back to the main channel when the Aussie version comes on. Maybe they are using that as leverage for free promotion i.e. if there is some interest in the Aussie version some of those viewers who havn’t watched the US for a while might test it out again? Or they want to make a point and show how good the US version is in comparison and try and take some viewers away from Aussie one. Who knows.

I think Nine is desperate for programming. What have they actually got coming up for their 8:30 slots? House Husbands is the only program I can think of. Survivor could fill one of those slots - although will be lucky to get 400k.

1 Like

Yep true. Thursday night’s they actually probably have nothing once the Footy Show finishes up in AFL states. I will be annoyed if moving to main channel moves it to a later timeslot though.

Same here. I don’t mind an 8:30 slot. But I do prefer a 7:30 slot.

1 Like

Hyde and Seek?

In 2012 Survivor One World started with 350k and was down below 200k by the end of the season.

Ratings Tuesday 22/05/2012
NINE NEW S 1,372,000
THE BIG BANG THEORY 1,274,000
SEVEN NEW S 1,265,000
THE BLOCK -TUE 1,264,000
PACKED TO THE RAFTERS 1,241,000

SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD -EP1 351,000

Survivor Philippines (December) started with 250k and was down to 38,000.

After that I think it was on GO! with Caramoan.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Australian Survivor

I think this belongs in the Australian Survivor thread @TV.Cynic. So easy to get confused by it all.