Survivor (US)

Devons for the win for me. None of the other deserve it.

1 Like

Agreed completely. Hope he gets there although it’s a shame it seems he’ll be relying on idols/etc. all the way through to the end now

1 Like

Does someone that was voted out really deserve to win over someone that made it the entire way? If Lauren gets to the end, she has survived the most Tribal Council’s in Survivor history. There would only have been one episode where she didn’t go to Tribal. That is deserving.

1 Like

Lauren is the only deserving winner imo. Rick will win though unfortunately, now to log off the internet for the next 12 hours :sweat_smile:

Yep me too. I’ve logged off instagram too as I follow a couple of contestants. Go are airing the finale live currently but I’m at work so will have to wait until tonight

1 Like

Haha same here, blocked Facebook and Reddit from my laptop and phone, I don’t get home tonight until late so have to catch up on 9Now :frowning: Just as well I have the day off tomorrow so I can watch the finale as many times as I like…

Geez that has to be one of the most anti-climactic Survivor finales ever. Talk about unpredictable… Chris really brings down EoE from mid-tier to trash tier alongside Redemption Island and Thailand. I’ve got to give props to the editing department though for using that confessional as a voiceover while everyone walked into tribal, a tiny little detail I know, but something I hope to see more of.

I have to say I’m glad that my boy Fabio - who I think actually did well in his season given how poor the rest of the cast was (with the exception of Brenda and Marty) - can surely no longer be considered the ‘worst’ winner.

Really, really looking forward to Island of the Idols in September although I feel like it will be another dud season. In saying that, Survivor: South Africa premieres tomorrow morning!

Just watched the reunion - 7 minutes? He spoke to Chris, Gavin, David and Kelley with a 15-second pan to Cochran then rambled on about Sia giving $100,000 to Devens (questionable decision to pick him over Big Wendy the chicken lady given her past love for Tai). Nice to see her giving $15,000 to Aurora and Joe as well.

Not even a shot of Sandra and Boston Rob, I wonder why? :wink:

The actual reunion show shown on TV was 20 minutes long. Not sure why large parts of the reunion were cut on 9Now.

1 Like

I really like the idea of the new season. However, I am not sure how it will go either.

I’m torn on this finale as it was a great episode but I wasn’t a fan of any of the final 3. If Chris didn’t do what he did at the Final 4 I would have been more annoyed that he won, but given he took a really risky move and was up against two pretty dud contestants I’m kinda OK with it. Although saying that I was cheering for Gavin when the votes were being read out as I just feel like someone that was there from the beginning should have won. It kind of also explains why the editing this season was a bit choppy, given the winner was not there for the majority of the season.

Nontheless it was a very entertaining finale. One of the craziest and most unpredictable in a long time. I enjoyed the season as a whole (not the best but not the worst either) but I do think that the EoE concept would have worked better if they reset it at the merge (i.e. pre-mergers went home so the second spot only went to people who made the merge). It would have been more fair.

I think it is the most gimmicky theme they have done yet. What is the point of having a season focused on two former players that are not even in the game? It’s only going to take airtime away from the actual contestants. Ghost Island also was a horrid season and the concept is basically the same… an island full of advantages but Sandra and Rob being there too to make a decision (I’m guessing go for an advantage and spend the night alone or go for reward and stay with Rob and Sandra). It just sounds lame… particularly when Sandra and Rob are likely playing the following All Winners season.

Yeah I see your points.

Former WWE wrestler and Survivor: China contestant, Ashley Massaro, has died aged 39.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wwe-legend-ashley-massaro-dead-at-39/news-story/668bbd35f430eb8ce3af79a7b8f3bb99

SPOILERS

The cast for season 40 has been leaked having flown out to Fiji earlier today: Richard Hatch, Tina Wesson, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Chris Daugherty, Danni Boatwright, Yul Kwon, Parvati Shallow, Rob Mariano, Sophie Clarke, Kim Spradlin, Denise Stapley, Tyson Apostol, Tony Vlachos, Natalie Anderson, Jeremy Collins, Michele Fitzgerald, Sarah Lacina, Ben Driebergen, Wendell Holland, Nick Wilson

The female cast is pretty much spot on although I’m not too sure about Chris D, was thinking we’d see either Todd or Adam instead

I’m making an early winner’s pick: Danni Boatwright

Interesting considering one of those was active on instagram in the last few hours…

If you are referring to Parvati/Natalie A, they’d have a backlog of photos for posts/stories same goes for Wendell

Perhaps… I’m not convinced. Have you got a news article? The stories seem to real for me.

Redmond has just posted this article on Inside Survivor: http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-40-cast-revealed

No Hatch, Tina or Chris D which is different to the list I received. Ethan, Amber and Adam instead - shocking given Ethan’s poor health and the fact that Amber and Rob are both taking time away from the kids.

Yep I knew they wouldn’t get Hatch. However, to be clear the link you posted is just a rumor. It has not been confirmed.