Survivor (US)

I am aware that would Redmond posts is not official however, he rarely gets these things wrong. Apparently Amber was a last-minute alternate for Tina. Really excited to see her come back and play on her own given Rob will probably be voted out early. Also keen to see how Ethan does in the modern day Survivor realm.

The fact we have to wait a year for this is so frustrating :frowning:

The person posting this (Redmond) is the most reliable source for spoiling themes and cast in advanced. He is always spot on.

Plus given the pool is so small of potential cast (e.g. we only have 14 female winners and they need 10 of them) it’s not too hard to suss out based on social media activity. Although some do have people use their accounts whilst they are away to possibly put off the scent…

Tina has already said that she was selected to be on the show and was ready to go in lockdown for filming but was pulled last minute. I think Amber is a bad choice given Rob is on there… one is going to go early.

Not really a year. It starts filming this week, so it will wrap up end of June / early July and air in Feb. So 7 months after filming. But yes I know what you mean… definitely super hyped for this season and the early cast spoilers are making me want this much more than the next stupid season.

2 Likes

Thanks not really aware of all this. Its a good cast. My 2 favourites are in there.

Parvati being one of them? I’m so excited to see her play again and am hoping that it’s been long enough since she last played (can you believe it’s almost been 10 years??) so that shes not an immediate target. I would think Sandra and Rob (given they are doing the recent season) and some more recent winners may be early targets as there are more front of mind.

I’m also very happy to see Natalie and Kim back.

1 Like

What the hell is with all the blurred out names on recent posts? Is this a forum or what? We’re not trading nuclear secrets with North Korea here - it’s about a TV reality show for god’s sake.

1 Like

… it’s not just a reality show … It’s Survivor: A Clash of Champions … this will literally be the biggest season of the biggest reality show.

1 Like

I’m happy to stop blurring names if other don’t mind spoilers for it? @Chris that first name is my all time favourite as well.

If you believe the information you have is going to spoil someone’s enjoyment of the show, blur the names. Some people like to go into these shows clean by not knowing who is participating. I appreciate the consideration. It doesn’t take that much effort to click on the names and reveal them.

Yup she’s the greatest ever. She made Survivor so exciting back in the day, definitely the strongest female player ever. She used to get away with being the young flirty type back then… she’s now married with a baby so we may get a very different Parvati.

And yeah we can probably stop the blurring. I just did it cos others were. It hasn’t even filmed yet so it’s not really a spoiler (filming starts this week). These posts more get us excited about the season.

1 Like

Yeah but the names of the contestants would be used in all pre-season promo’s anyway. The cast is always released prior. This is just way prior

I’m really interested to see how the gameplay evolves this season. Obviously everyone’s a winner (baby that’s alright), so we won’t get another All-Stars situation. Will everyone target the BIGGER threats like Sandra and Tony? Will past relationships define the game i.e. Rob/Amber, Tony/Sarah, Rob/Tyson, Sandra/Rob, Yul/Parvati? Will the game be heavy on advantages (please god no)?

I think we will see tribe division similar to this:

• Tribe 1: Ethan, Danni, Parvati, Rob, Sophie, Denise, Jeremy, Sarah, Ben, Nick (Avg Age: 38.3; Appearances: 18 - 5 first-timers)
  • Tribe 2: Sandra, Amber, Yul, Kim, Tyson, Tony, Natalie A, Michele, Adam, Wendell (Avg Age: 37.3; Appearances: 16 - 6 first-timers)

The three players I’m most looking forward to seeing play is Danni, Ethan and Amber.

Either rob or amber will be first out

With All Star seasons there’s always that dynamic of relationships from outside the game. Some people go into the game with pre-game alliances that we never hear about on the show. For example apparently Sarah who won Game Changers had a pact with a handful of contestants before the game ever began. I’ve seen people analysing their social media accounts and how some winners are suddenly following others etc. I guess the best way to split the tribes is to kind of separate people they know with relationships as much as they can. Although being an All Winners season I think regardless everyone will be on their toes and things will be shifting a lot. Hopefully it’s as hard a fought game as Heroes vs Villains or Micronesia which for me are still to this day the best seasons ever.

Hopefully Rob. I can’t believe we have to put up with him 2 seasons in a row and I’m sure that will go against him with the other contestants. He is the most overrated contestant ever.

Richard Hatch has actually come out and said he (like Tina) was selected for the show, did all the medical tests etc and passed and then was pulled last minute. He has no idea why but seems to think that something to do with the theme or tribe splits worked better with Amber and Ethan on there instead. I’m still surprised that they culled both of the original winners.

1 Like

I was surprised that they considering Hatch after the Hereos v Villains issue.

You mean All Stars. That’s the last time that we saw Hatch. He says he was cleared of any wrong doing then… Sue was being overly dramatic. He never touched her or anything. He also said he is fine to travel overseas despite his legal issues in the past.

Yeah All Stars sorry. Yeah I still thought it was a little full on from a viewers perspective

All episodes from season 38 will stream on 10 All Access from June 3rd.

1 Like

Not a season that I would ever bother watching again, given the winner wasn’t in the game for the majority of it. For that reason I’m also relieved that Chris was not selected for the winners season.

I heard that Hatch wasn’t called as CBS didn’t want to deal with another #MeToo situation after Moonves.

There’s an instagram page (AllWinnersSurvivor) that was leaking the contestants over the past few weeks as they were casted. It’s where this list is derived from and it got 18/20 right and announced the last minute change of Tina/Hatch for Ethan/Amber too. I believe it was run by Redmond. It has also posted screenshots of convos with both Hatch and Tina who say what I did above (that they were in the final stages of casting and cut last minute).

I can only assume that Amber was purposely casted to make Rob and Amber initial targets over the likes of some big names they want to trry and eep longer like Parvati, Kim, Sandra etc as winners are not going to keep a pair in the game. For Ethan he was probably picked over Hatch as he has more of the backstory battling cancer. I still would have much rathered they not cast Ben who was the most rigged winner ever and put Hatch instead.

The season has started filming now anyway so won’t hear a thing about it until prob after the next season.