Survivor (US)

Lol we shall see. Different perspectives I guess :slight_smile:

Wow so many different votes flying around at that tribal. Good on Kelley for being confident and not wasting her Idol. Those guys in the majority were so stupid turning on Joe like that. He may be strong in challenges but there will be so many more opportunities to remove him later on and they need the numbers now. He also isn’t much of a strategic threat. He never has been. Now the lesser alliance have a lot of power/advantages and could really turn things around.

Kelley is literally in the exact same position she was in on Second Chances come the merge. Minority alliance with an Idol in her pocket. I would love to see her blindside someone next week as clearly she will be the next target. I also doubt anyone will suspect that she has an Idol now as they would have thought if she did that it would have been flushed out that vote.

I think this could be a strong merge gameplay wise but I’m not enjoying the Edge of Extinction people being on the jury. Why Reem who got voted out first gets to be a part of that is beyond me. The jury could have as many as 13 people and have people voting for a winner that they have never met.

Oh you and your love for Kelley LOL :slight_smile:

I wanted to see the look on her face as she left with an idol in her pocket :slight_smile:

Joe was crazy to be so confident…or it could be the edit. But he’s not very smart if he thought he was safe.

Wow that would have to be one of the most chaotic Tribal Councils in 38 seasons.

Absolutely loving this season! Sure it lacks the character development we got in DvG but on a gameplay level now things are just blown wide open. Super exciting. Next vote could go any way!

I really do not like these chaotic tribal councils, I know the preview showed a hint of it and the fact they were at tribal for half an episode but I start losing interest because of all the whispering and running around. I much the prefer the older style where they did all their extra communicating with looks and winks at tribal.

Sadly after 11 episodes I had no idea who that person that left even was.

1 Like

Rumour: Survivor Season 40 Theme (http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-theme-38201)

Would be a great theme if true.

I’m not sure if I like the idea.

I like that it was chaotic without needing advantages or anything to make it that way. It was completely driven by the cast. Julia literally blew her game up in her face by being so over confident that everyone was on her side, a plan a lot of people weren’t confident with in the first place, so instead everyone turned on her.

I really like the love/hate relationship between Wentworth and David this season. It’s like one week they are together one week they aren’t. Wentworth revealing to David that the plan was to get rid of him was an interesting moment. I have no idea what’s going to happen next week. I think it’s every man for himself.

An all winners season would mean that they would need to convince almost half of the shows previous winners to come back. It just doesn’t provide a huge pool of people to choose from, given I think there would be quite a few who would never want to play again (Kim from One World for example has said this in the past) and it would also make it hard getting the right gender balance (given there’s way more male winners) and to level the tribes physically. We’ve also had some winners play multiple times already so even though they are winners they may have not done so in their most recent season. What I would love to see Parvati come back though!

I would much prefer something like a Winners vs Runner ups. There’s a lot of great players that have made it to the end and not won.

So would I but I believe she has said she has shut that door shut.

If they did a winners only season they would only have 38 winners to choose from. Richard won’t be given a shot (i believe that is his name) so that makes it only 37 winners. Its not a huge pool to choose from.

Parvati said that she wouldn’t play again after HvV… however in recent times she has made comments alluring to the fact that she would consider it. I’m sure she could be convinced after such a long break she might not be considered as much of a target. It would be much harder for her to do it now though, she’s recently had a baby.

1 Like

I think it can be done, probably in a 16-person cast which I wouldn’t be against because it gives us more time.

I think Hatch is probably a lock, he is clear of legal trouble and has basically cemented Survivor’s legacy.

Possible cast
Male: Hatch (1), Yul (13), Earl (14), Cochran (26), Tyson (27), Mike (30), Jeremy (31), Wendell (36)

Female: Sandra (7/20), Danni (11), Parvati (16), Kim (24), Denise (25), Natalie A (29), Sarah (34), 38/39 Winner OR Sophie (23)

That’s a well-balanced cast. Rob and Amber might put their hands up as well.

Alternates: Tina (2), Amber (8), Tom (10), Todd (15), Natalie W (19), Rob (22), Tony (28), Nick (37)

I don’t think they would touch him after his last appearance on the show.

Next week: Blood of a Blindside

Two tribal councils in one hour; a surprise advantage may pay off for one castaway’s game.

Yeah I don’t think that we would ever see Hatch again given the controversy of his last season. Plus apparently there are still legal issues which could prevent overseas travel.

I’ve done a bit of reading and there is already a long list of former cast members that have supposedly been called into casting interviews. There are some non-winners that have apparently been included on casting interviews as well. This could simply be for backup given if they can’t get enough interested winners to return they might have considered flipping it to a Winners vs Favourites type season instead. I’m thinking though with the all winners theme speculation now circulating that they must have got enough winners interested to go ahead with it.

There’s no way the S39 winner would be included on an All Winners season though as it would leak and spoil the outcome.

Hmmm I wonder what it could be. I have been fearful the Idol Nullifier might return this season but I think if it was going too someone would have found it by now. I don’t want it back and getting Kelley out.

Thursday 16 May

It’s final time again for Survivor and Nine will show the final the same time as US.

AEST 9Go! listing is
10:00 am Final
12:30 pm - 1:00pm Reunion

However, the US schedule currently has the final episode at 2 hours followed by a 1 hour reunion.

1 Like

Gee Devens is going hard. Loved this week’s tribal. Couldn’t stand Ron and loved how Devens unloaded on him.

Last season the finale itself went closer to 2.5 hours and it was a much shorter reunion which was better IMO. If you are going to have 6 in the finale you need a bit of extra length in the episode itself or its too rushed. I read somewhere that Jeff says they have those 3 hours so they can ustilise them how they want too.

So I have a feeling this will be more a 2.5 hour finale as apparently the Edge of Extincton returnee happens in the finale. This means there needs to be a returnee challenge (5 will go to 6) and then 3 immunity challenges and 4 more tribal councils after that. Unless somehow the returnee challenge is a combined immunity challenge as well for current contestants or the reutnree gets immunity. Who knows.

I can’t stand Devens. It feels like he is set up to win based on his editing. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the following scenarions plays out - he either keeps finding Idols right up until they can’t be used anymore (similar to Ben in HvHvH) as the promo for next ep looks like he’s running around like crazy. Or he’s voted out and returns again and gets to the end. I just feel like he’s the player with a lot of lives.

At this stage the only people in the game I really carea bout and wouldn’t mind winning are Gavin or Lauren. I would love to see Kelley come back but otherwise I think it would be cool if we got an all female final 3.

1 Like

Well… as predicted Deven’s finds an Idol AND wins immunity. I hate how they rehide Idol’s with so few people left. Lauren has one, that should be enough.

On that note I want anyone but Deven’s to win. It just feels like the producers want him to win. I think Lauren would be a great winner, she’s done enough to earn her spot and given she was on the bottom weeks ago and doded the bullets that Wardog and Kelley got is impressive. Otherwise happy for Kelley to return and take the crown :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s going to be a real letdown if Devens or a player from the Edge wins. I wish they had the Edge returnee contest in last episode and not the finale.

At this stage I would say that Lauren, Victoria and Gavin are the only players with a chance of winning. Although I predicted Julie pre-season, I can only see her winning against Devens and the other Edge returnee.

Very excited to see a promo for Island of the Idols (season 39) next week. It’ll be interesting to see how the general public reacts to the big twist.

1 Like

You don’t think Devens is a shot at winning? On a normal season someone like him would be a shoe in for the win, particularly when we don’t have a lot of big personalities or game players left. I don’t want him to win but I’m thinking in a normal scenario if he made it to the end there is a good chance that he will.

However there has been a lot of speculation that the ending to this season is “controversial” or a result that some in production are unhappy about in some way or form. That could mean anything from an EoE returnee wins or that the jury doesn’t reward someone because they were on EoE. My prediction s the F3 will be both EoE returnee’s (Devens and whoever comes back) and the jury rewards the second Edge of Extinction returnee simply because they bonded/made friends with that person whilst being away from the game and on the EoE, at the expense of someone like Devans who fought his way back to the spot or the other person who played the game until the end will miss out.