Survivor (US)

What rule was shit? What do you think was meant to happen? Even though Cirie had no votes everyone else had immunity so there was no other option but she had to go. Even if they re-voted they could only vote for Cirie.

It was sad to see Cirie go like that though and I hope that was the point the producers realised that Survivor has become too saturated with Idols and advantages. This season I think we had 4 Idols played and 3 advantages. Most of those with 2 votes. There should be 3 or 4 idols/advantages in total max. If you have advantages cut back on idols or vice versa.

So relieved that Sarah took it out. She was the only deserving option after Cirie left. Any votes tgat Brad got came from mostly bitter people (like Debbie… uggghh).

The new FTC format was awesome! It gave the more vocal and passionate jury members more of an opportunity to fight for a winner. Loved it and hope they keep this format.

Out of everyone this season I really hope Michaela gets to play again. I feel this season she stepped back a little as her vocalness was her downfall last time but still had that sass in her. She still did well and I just think she’s awesome. Her ponderosa is a classic and she seemed so humbled by the experience in the end.

1 Like

So happy Brad didn’t win in the end - what an arrogant prick. Didn’t massively love Sarah, but better than Troyzan winning for sure.

Would have been more interesting if Cirie had some sort of immunity too - wonder what would have happened then? All make fire?

2 Likes

It was not physically possible for everyone to have immunity. There were never more than 3 Idols in play at once in the game and Sarah’s advantage was only used at 6. So even if all Idols played at 5 someone had to be without one.

There is obviously too many immunity idols and advantages for something like to even be allowed to happen in the final 6.

1 Like

Yeah it would’ve I’m pretty sure.

Brad was a dickhead and for him to turn around in the live finale and say it wasn’t how he normally is, is pretty low.

Fun fact - him and his wife got out on the same day in their first season and placed the same in their second.

Three are way too many. The fact Tai just dug in the same location twice is so stupid and annoys me.

They weren’t wrong when they named the season - first game to have all boring players/ shitty players in the FTC

1 Like

Should have be Survivor: Lame Changers. :slight_smile:

What was that ‘microcosm’ speech by Ozzie at the reunion all about?

2 Likes

Well that’s not a ‘shit rule’ then, it seems moreso you are frustrated by the number of advantages that were still in the game at the end. This however is not the first time such a situation could have happened. We’ve had seasons with 3 Idols in play before, so if they were all held onto until the last possible chance (top 5) and another person won immunity the same exact scenario could have happened many times before.

I agree though that it’s annoying as viewers to see all of the advantages held onto until the end. It kind of wastes the purpose of them - to give people the opportunity to make moves. Instead they were all just flushed out in one go and we had a player go by default. I do hope it means producers cut back and have maybe 2 idols and 2 advantages max per season.

It felt like he was going on about Trump as president, getting all political. I’m glad Jeff quickly cut him off.

I don’t hate this season as much as some others. I can definitely think of plenty of worse seasons (like Thailand, Redemption Island, Vanuatu and even the first All Stars etc). At least we got a deserving winner IMO. It did suck that all the strong players left early and there were way too many advantages/twists this time around which essentially stuffed over 3 of the strongest players (Malcolm, Cirie and Sandra all got the bad end of those).

All Stars casts are hit and miss because when they work well they have been some of the standout seasons (like the first Fans vs Faves, HvV and Second Chances) however then there are the ones that didn’t work out as well like the first All Stars and this.

I think its a shit rule that someone can br eliminated without any votes and that 5 people can be saved in the same tribal council.

1 Like

No one should have gone. If Cirie received one vote then yes that’s fair but she didn’t. It was a completely unjustified decision.

1 Like

The problem I saw was that Cirie had no votes. Jeff should have revealed each vote and with each said “does not count” and that would have left no votes for any player; and possibly a re-vote being needed.

I didn’t agree with the statement that 5 of the council were immune from going home. My take on it is that an immunity idol means immunity from getting a vote. In this it differs from the immunity necklace that means immunity from going home. I (I’m don’t really know the rules that well, but that seems to be how it things have happened before).

Espcially when the rules were changed to stipulate there would be NO revote this year.

I don’t understand what people’s issue is here. Cirie going home was the only logical conclusion that was fair and made sense.

So you think there should be a rule that if multiple Idol’s are played that your Idol’s are invalid? That goes against everything IMMUNITY means. It should not be voided simply because someone else has one. We’ve had multiple people immune at Tribal Council’s in the past. How unfair would it have been if someone who played an Idol went home? That would be more unfair than Cirie going home. The point of immunity is that you are safe.

Also Cirie didn’t have zero votes. Technically because everyone who had votes played immunity there were no valid votes so they would have revoted. Cirie then would have got every vote. It was the only conclusion in the scenario.

Nobody should have gone? I’ve heard it all now. Clearly you don’t understand what immunity is and what the logical conclusion in the scenario was, which would have been a revote and Cirie to go home.

Can you Imagine the uproar if someone who played an Idol left? Or someone was told they couldn’t play their Idol because others had been played already? Gosh. You must be just bitter cos Cirie left this way. I was upset that she went out like that but unfortunately it was the only conclusion.

Has it fair on her when she didn’t receive a vote. Your logic is flawed here.

I think only one idol should able to be played each tribal. Simply first in first served.

The rules changed and they cant revote.

You keep saying she didn’t receive a vote. Ignorance. Talking to a brick wall here.

Yet for some bizarre reason you think that it is more fair for that someone with immunity went over someone that didn’t have immunity when we are constantly told “Immunity is the only thing that keeps you safe in the game”.

Also that is just your opinion about Idol’s. Given there have been numerous tribals in the past where multiple Idols were played… your opinion on that means nothing towards that outcome. But I guess they should have bent the rules to save Cirie, right?

1 Like

I have noticed. Its not about the outcome. I understand that is the only outcome with that rule possible. That is why I have been saying it is a stupid rule. I don’t think that situation should be allowed to be possible. That is what I have said.[quote=“Chris, post:380, topic:823”]
But I guess they should have bent the rules to save Cirie, right?
[/quote]

No I wouldn’t care who it was. That isn’t the point of survivor. To have only one person that could possibly be sent home is not fair. Aubry didn’t even find her own immunity idol. I am clearly stating that the rules should not allow for only one person to be voted for. That is all.

I think you should read what I said. i didn’t say that.

Why the fuck are there so many advantages that late into the game. They royally fucked up the season by adding too many twists into the season. They really created rules to fuck people over, if we’re being honest.

1 Like

I agree there were too many advantages, just highlighting that in the scenario that presented itself the person who left was the only option to go.

Obviously it was unlikely everyone would hold onto their Idlols till the end but its prob a good thing in the long run that this happened, as surely it will now make producers prevent similar things happening again. They need to both cut back on how many idols and advantages there are and another idea could be have one Idol that has to be used by a certain point in the game (eg. Idol is only valid for the next 4 tribals) or something. At least that forces people to think up moves.

You could have two people instead of one who are completely innocent victims of idols played by others, two people liked by the others who weren’t in anyone’s sights before the vote. Just because there’s a choice of two in the re-vote doesn’t make it any fairer for the one who loses than it was for Cirie. Having only one person left is just a logical extension of the same rule. There’s nothing special about it that justifies a special rule to exclude it from happening.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you are talking about or what that has to do with what I said.